Front Desk Agent
Company: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are you a guest service champion? Do you have astonishing
communication, organization, and follow-up skills? Are you the
first one to respond to guests and customers questions and concerns
with confidence? Do you love being a part of Cleveland's history
and representing a local specialty? Are you a continual learner
with a thirst for excellence? Are you looking for company whose
Core Values support growth and development? If you answered "yes",
this might be the position for you!
At Sage Hospitality, we look for talented people who show genuine
care and passion for service. We seek those who strive for personal
and professional growth. Our Core Values involve people and our
desire for them to succeed. We believe that each member of our team
has a key part to play in our delivery of outstanding service and
memorable experiences for each of our guests. We are currently
seeking a professional and organized Rockstar as our Front Desk
Wholly managed by Sage Hospitality, our stunning 484 room hotel is
located in the heart of downtown Cleveland. Our property is
conveniently located walking distance from all downtown sporting
and entertainment venues. This is a Full-Time opportunity with our
Front Desk team and comes with a host of great benefits to include
a full cafeteria benefit plan, vacation allowance, 401k with
company match, and outstanding employee discounts at Sage managed
and Marriott hotels globally.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving,
departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely
information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person
inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest
* Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving
guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized
methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as
* Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by
following established manual and computer procedures in order to
close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
* Regularly calculates and/or posts monies, receipts, guest
accounts and other forms of credit using accurate, proper cash
handling methods and established procedures in order to present the
customer with timely and precise hotel charges upon check-out and
maintain accurate hotel records.
* Courteously answers inquiries and accepts reservations, both in
person and by telephone, by accurately communicating hotel rates
and information and by using suggestive selling techniques to sell
room nights, increase occupancy and revenue.
* Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all
in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and
concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on
* Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting
outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging
guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
* Controls cash transactions at the front desk and maintains
complete responsibility for personal bank as specified by hotel
bank agreement policy.
* Maintains a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all
High School diploma or equivalent
* Must have high school graduate level mathematical aptitude, know
standard cash handling procedures and knowledge of computerized
cash register systems.
* Must have past experience in dealing directly with the public and
acquired general knowledge of basic customer service skills.
* Must be fluent in oral and written English.
* Must be able to use tact and understanding when dealing with a
variety of customer service problems, including stressful and
highly emotional situations.
* Must be highly organized and able to pay attention to minute
written and verbal details, particularly when performing multiple
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Must be able to read written communiques and monochrome computer
* Must be able to operate computer, calculator and telephone
keyboards, for cash handling and paperwork processing.
* Must be able to understand and follow verbal/written
instructions, work on more than one task at a time, and be able to
communicate both verbally and in writing.
* 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and
kneeling required while filing.
* Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist
* Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and
office items up to 25 lbs.
Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled
work station under florescent lighting. Work inside 95%
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Property : The Westin Cleveland
Category: Front Desk & Guest Services
Address : 777 St Claire Ave NE
City : Cleveland
State : Ohio
EOE Protected Veterans/Disability
Keywords: Sage Hospitality Resources, LLP, Cleveland , Front Desk Agent, Sales , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!