Chemical Handler-1st shift
Company: VWR International, Inc
Posted on: May 18, 2018
Prepare, setup, weigh, package, fill and label. Works in accordance with cGMP, Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety and departmental procedures in order to meet customer demands.
* Works safely within the parameters of and complies with company Work Instructions and policies.
* Weighs and fills chemicals or bulk products in accordance with Production Work Order (PWO).
* Operates production scales, including verifications and calibrations.
* Setup, operate, clean and maintain the following equipment: automatic heat sealer, electronic floor scale, digistalic pumps, crusher, auger filling unites, autoclave unites, vibrating filler unites, induction sealing equipment, portable exhaust hood, and other equipment as required.
* Packages finished product for shipping (boxing, labeling) per Work Instructions.
* Handles hazardous materials using all appropriate or mandatory safety gear.
* Sweeps and mops floors and cleans workstation after each product filling.
* Completes documentation in a legible manner; verifies and reviews for accuracy.
* Maintains expected quality and quantity of work.
* Follows cGMP policies and procedures for handling, storage, packing, manufacturing and distributing products.
* Moves partial leftover containers of product to the designated area for relocation back into stock.
* Takes precautions to secure warehouse contents against loss. Ensures doors stay locked at all times and only authorized personnel enter the facility.
* Supports co-workers in their job responsibilities and is expected to work as a team player.
* Turns off/shuts down equipment when not in use.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
* Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required
* Must be reliable and detail-oriented
* High School completion or equivalent (GED)
* Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
* The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is exposed to an industrial warehouse environment. The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The job requires working in heights, exposure to changes in temperature, driving equipment, and maybe exposed to dust, fumes, or gases.
* The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull. Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or pull up to 75 pounds with or without assistance. Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Acquired by Avantor in 2017 as a wholly-owned subsidiary, VWR serves as a leading global provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. The combined company is a trusted end-to-end partner to customers and suppliers from discovery to delivery. With operations in more than 30 countries and a diverse portfolio that includes more than four million branded and manufactured products, we enable customer success through innovation, cGMP manufacturing and comprehensive service offerings. Collectively, we set science in motion to create a better world. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com or vwr.com.
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .
Keywords: VWR International, Inc, Cleveland, Chemical Handler-1st shift, Professions, Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!