Senior Technician Nursing 1.0 FTE evenings
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 19, 2023
At Cleveland Clinic Health System, we believe in a better future
for healthcare. And each of us is responsible for honoring our
commitment to excellence, pushing the boundaries and transforming
the patient experience, every day.
We all have the power to help, heal and change lives - beginning
with our own. That's the power of the Cleveland Clinic Health
System team, and The Power of Every One.
Senior Technician Nursing 1.0 FTE evenings
Akron General Medical Center
9100 Neuroscience Unit-Cleveland Clinic Akron General
Join Cleveland Clinic's Akron General Hospital where research and
surgery are advanced, technology is leading-edge, patient care is
world-class, and caregivers are family. Through providing the
communities in and around Summit County with top-quality patient
care. Here, you will work with and learn from some of our best
caregivers, receive endless support and appreciation, and build a
rewarding career with one of the most respected healthcare
organizations in the world.
Akron General is looking to add a Senior Technician to their team.
Under the direct supervision of the Director, Senior Technicians
are responsible for performing various duties assisting in the care
of adult, geriatric, and sometimes adolescent and newborn patients
in numerous units. Your primary duties will include, but are not
-Providing and documenting patient care.
-Assisting in the admission, transfer, and discharge process.
-Performing treatment procedures.
-Assisting with pre-operative and post-operative patient care.
Our ideal candidate is someone who:
-Is eager and ready to learn.
-Easily adapts to change.
-Is flexible, reliable, and punctual.
-Provides care with compassion, empathy, and kindness.
This opportunity offers educational opportunities, career growth
and development, and tuition reimbursement.
Cleveland Clinic provides what matters most: career growth,
delivering world-class care to our patients, continuous learning,
exceptional benefits and working for an organization that offers
many long-term career paths. Join us and experience a culture where
opportunities to advance and the support to get there go
- Prepares unit, patient rooms and patient beds for receiving
patient admission, returning surgical patient, transfer or
- Provides and documents assigned care (bath, changing and/or
refreshing of bed linen, dressing/undressing of patient, back rubs,
etc.) and other general care through the day to assure patients
- As directed, performs and documents in the electronic medical
records the patient's temperature, pulse, respirations, blood
pressure, pulse oximetry, weight, height, and measures intake and
output in an accurate and precise manner.
- Assists with pre-operative and post-operative care, such as
turning and positioning patients with proper body mechanics,
applying/utilizing special equipment, as necessary and ambulating
the patient as directed in a safe, prescribed manner.
- Assists and accompanies patient in the admission, transfer and
discharge process while assuring comfort.
- Participates in nursing reports by receiving and contributing
to status report of patients.
- Performs treatment procedures including, but not limited to,
venous blood draws including blood cultures and blood glucose
testing, enemas, application of ice packs and heat, non-sterile
compresses, skin preps, setting up oxygen equipment, bed scale
weights, sets-up overhead trapeze and Buck's traction and other
therapeutic measures in a safe and effective manner.
- Prepares patients for meals, assists in feeding patient if
necessary, and distributes water and other nourishments according
to patient needs in compliance with physician orders.
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures, fire
drills, evacuation and internal/external disaster plans and
- Provides post-mortem care and transport of body in a safe,
- Adheres to isolation precautions when entering rooms where
patient is in isolation.
- Performs hand hygiene per established policy.
- Cleans the shared patient equipment between each patient with
- Performs hourly safety rounds willingly, anticipates patient
needs and responds to patient call lights promptly.
- Collects, properly labels and transports specimens to proper
area in timely manner.
- Reports to appropriate nursing personnel pertinent information
including any changes observed in condition or behavior of
- Assists in keeping patient rooms in order, reporting equipment
that is out of order, cleaning equipment (as assigned) and
mandatory inventory and distributing unit linen and supplies.
- Consistently completes assignments independently with high
quality work. Adapts to change in workload or patient assignments.
Recognizes and responds to priorities in patient care.
- Independently performs assigned duties, willingly cooperates
with staff in delivery of more complex treatments and
- Performs additional or less skilled duties as assigned by the
registered nurse to include assisting with orientations of Senior
Technicians and other personnel.
- Timely documents, per policies, care provided to patients in
the electronic medical record and during downtime procedures.
- May perform EKGs and urinary catheterization in ED only.
- Completes annual on-going competency requirements. Attends
continuing education programs and completes mandatory training in
order to maintain certification/licensure, and department specific
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school graduate or the equivalent.
- State Tested Nursing Assistant preferred.
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) required within new hire
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- One year recent acute care experience preferred.
- Prior job or educational experience providing basic computer
knowledge and skills needed.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our caregivers and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. All offers of employment are follwed by testing for
controlled substances and nicotine. All new caregivers must clear a
nicotine test within their 90-day new hire period. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after one year.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention
program. You will be required to comply with this program, which
will include obtaining an influenza vaccination on an annual basis
or obtaining an approved exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the Equal Employment Opportunity poster.
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Senior Technician Nursing 1.0 FTE evenings, Professions , Tallmadge, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!