Electrical Engineer - Discipline Lead
Company: Middough Inc.
Posted on: September 22, 2023
Middough Inc. - 'TOP WORKPLACES' winner!Electrical Engineer -
Discipline Lead - Position and ResponsibilitiesAs an Electrical
Engineer - Discipline Lead (DL), you will be responsible for
directing a discipline design team throughout the entire project
cycle from initial concept through successful completion. The DL
will also manage the organization, control, integration and
completion of their discipline's part of a project or the design
portion of a design/construct project to ensure that the goals and
objectives are accomplished in accordance with the scope, budget,
schedule and quality conditions as established by the terms of the
contract and the client's requirements. As a DL, you will need to
possess sufficient technical knowledge and awareness of design
details to recognize technical problems in assigned disciplines and
to initiate appropriate corrective actions.Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage necessary resources for execution
- Collect and prepare data/information, performs detailed
calculations, and writes formal technical reports.
- Develop technical specifications & data sheets, perform
technical evaluation of bids, and recommend best value design which
meets client requirements for operability, reliability,
maintainability and safety.
- Serve as the main discipline interface to client on discipline
issues and attends significant client meetings involving discipline
- Review calculations and vendor drawings.
- Develop, update, and monitor project discipline schedules,
budgets, and staffing forecasts including Middough Work Process
tools. (e.g. Project Schedule and Earned Value)
- Review project/discipline deliverables for compliance with
industry accepted design principles, company standards and customer
- Develop and maintain monthly project status reports.
- Identify changes in scope that will affect project schedule or
Middough/client budgets.Education, Experience and SkillsThe
successful candidate will possess the following:
- 10+ years of electrical systems design experience in a
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Ohio PE license is a plus but not required.
- Working knowledge of single line diagrams, schematics, PID's,
and application of NEC.
- Experience managing project teams of 3-4 members.
- Experience with Front End Engineer and Design or Front-End
- Experience with supervising and/or checking designs in power
distribution, secondary unit substations, equipment and
installation --specifications, power system modeling and
simulations,-- and integration of electrical equipment --into new
and existing processing plants.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly organized for effective
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and attention to detail
abilities.Physical RequirementsThe characteristics described below
are representative of those encountered while performing the
essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations
will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing duties of this position, the
successful candidate will:
- Remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for
- Frequently walk, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs,
balance, stoop or kneel, use repeating motions that may include the
wrists/hands/fingers and talk and hear.
- Frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth
perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Should not expect adverse environmental conditions within
- May be exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as
climbing ladders and/or stairs, extreme heat and/or cold, and/or
poor air quality) if or when on-site at a client facility.-- Safety
protections to be provided by the client and/or company and are
required to be used and followed.
- May require occasional car or air travel to other company
locations or client sites.
- This position requires the candidate/employee to possess and
maintain a valid driver's license in their state of
residence.--About MiddoughMiddough Inc. (Middough), founded in
1950, is a leading professional engineering, architecture and
project solutions company providing services to a broad spectrum of
Fortune 500 clients in nine core industries with offices across the
Central, Midwest and Northeast regions. Our diversified team is our
greatest asset, and they are challenged with a large variety of
interesting projects, management and technical development
opportunities and team building experiences.-- Middough employs the
best and brightest individuals who share our passion for excellence
and who are dedicated to client satisfaction, quality service,
safety awareness and professional development.What Middough
OffersWe offer a growth and learning culture which encourages and
supports employee development through a wide variety of tools and
resources such as the company Learning Management System, Middough
Learning Center. Middough provides an opportunity to bring your
talents and expertise to a successful and growing organization for
your career advancement goals. Additionally, we offer a highly
competitive compensation and the following comprehensive benefits
package, based on eligibility and plan terms/changes:
- A hybrid work model for work-life flexibility (based on
business and client needs)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Company paid Short/Long Term Disability, Life, AD&D, and
- Health Saving and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Time Off, Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible Start Times
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Certifications and Registrations (as applicable)
- Employee Assistance ProgramMiddough participates in the
Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and Social Security
Administration (SSA) E-Verify program to confirm work
authorization.Equal Opportunity EmploymentWe are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We provide
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin,
age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or
genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or
other non-merit based factors or any other protected characteristic
under protected by federal, state, or local laws. Middough does not
support sponsorship for any applicant that requires an employment
visa (i.e., H-1B) to work lawfully in the US.
Keywords: Middough Inc., Cleveland , Electrical Engineer - Discipline Lead, Professions , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!