Posted on: September 19, 2023
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designer, manufacturers
and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and
aftermarket customers, with approximately 78.000 team members
working at more than 300 sites worldwide. Through our four business
groups, Motorparts, Ride Performance, Clean Air and Powertrain,
Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering
technology solutions for diversified global markets, including
light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial,
motorsport and the aftermarket.
Tenneco is looking for a Materials Supervisor for Global Valve
Systems Brunswick, Ohio plant . The Materials Supervisor is
responsible for providing leadership for the plant's Shipping &
Receiving, Material Handling, Production Control, and Purchasing
functions. This position will develop schedules that support
customer requirements and maintain inventory levels at prescribed
targets. This position will coordinate outside vendor activities
directly related to the manufacture/assembly of product. The
Materials Supervisor will lead problem-solving initiatives to
address areas of concern and identify improvement opportunities.
The Materials Supervisor is responsible for providing a safe work
environment by promoting safety and compliance with all
environmental & safety rules and procedures
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the
best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Human
Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with the Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets
objectives and delivers continuous improvements.
- Supervise one or more direct reports.
- Analyze customer requirements versus current inventories and
develop schedules that support customer requirements while
maintaining inventories within prescribed target levels.
- Develop, monitor and report on Materials Department
- Coordinate activities of outside vendors in support of
- Monitor supplier performance to schedule and
expedite/reschedule as necessary.
- Report to Finance and Plant Manager the status of slow moving,
surplus, and obsolete inventories.
- Lead annual physical inventory.
- Responsible for direct and indirect material purchasing.
- Participate in capital equipment planning and purchases as
- Assure areas of responsibility are operating within the
guidelines of the Brunswick Quality and Environmental, Health &
Safety Management Systems to assure compliance with ISO 14001,
OHSAS 18001 and IATF 16949 or other applicable industry standards
- Establish and maintain documented procedures and work
instructions for the Materials department.
- Prepare purchase requisitions for direct material and
- Negotiate pricing as needed, working within budgetary
limitations and scope of authority.
Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations
Management, Business or related field.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3-5 years of relevant work experience in
Production/Materials Planning & Scheduling and Purchasing in a
manufacturing environment. Two years of Supervisory experience
- Good working knowledge and experience with ERP systems such as
- Strong Planning & Scheduling and inventory control skills.
- Ability to prioritize among multiple simultaneous projects.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Tenneco, Cleveland , Materials Supervisor, Professions , Brunswick, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!