Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Company: The Sherwin-Williams Company
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Here, we believe there's not one path to success, we believe in
careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come
from in the world, there's a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We
provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and
drive us forward. We'll give you the space to share your strengths
and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow
and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors
Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from
all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are
encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and
Protected Veterans. The Senior Automation Quality Assurance
Analyst, in conjunction with team members, will develop and
implement quality assurance standards and measures within the
organization. This role is responsible for writing test plans,
creating and executing both functional and automated tests, for
tracking defects and fixes and reporting the progress of each. The
Analyst will apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to
help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to
maximize the benefit of business investments in IT
initiatives.Essential FunctionsStrategy & Planning
- Promote, foster and proactively implement the use of quality
assurance best practices and standards on a daily basis.
- Create and maintain efficient automated scripts that utilize
clean code and best practice coding standards.
- Mentor and train Developers, QA Associates and other team
members on best practices and industry standards.
- Work with and support the Software Quality Engineers to
implement and maintain an automated test framework.Acquisition &
- Take on a lead role for the QA effort which includes, but is
not limited to: creating test plans, writing test cases, performing
functional and exploratory testing, effectively communicating
statuses, and coordinating meetings.
- Manage the requests of customers for the creation of manual and
- Work with cross functional team members to define and
understand functional & non-functional requirements and capture
business requirements through behavior driven test
- Manage and maintain efficiencies in the automated script
execution and script development through the implementation of
automation best practices.
- Develop and maintain the suite of automated functional tests
supporting code releases.
- Support the TAG implementations and testing activities with the
automation and execution of key business processes.
- Oversee and delegate work to QA Associates and Professional
Apprentices, as needed.Incidental Functions
- Assist with projects as required to contribute to efficiency
and effectiveness of the work.
- Conduct research into new technologies, including tools,
components, and frameworks.
- Attend management meetings on behalf of team.
- Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative
action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employee
- Some travel, up to 5%, may be required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour workday may be
required.Position RequirementsFormal Education & Certification
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) in a Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology field of
study (e.g., Information Technology, Electronics and
Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Systems Management,
Mathematics) or equivalent experience. Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- 5+ years of work experience in the area of Software Quality
- 4+ years of experience in automation tools and technologies
using Java, Selenium Webdriver, TestNg or equivalent testing
- 3+ years of experience working with test management tools with
HP ALM, and/or JIRA.
- Proficient in testing software manually; including but not
limited to experience-based, context, exploratory, and scenario
- Experience applying testing skills: test plan and test case
formulation, report creation, defect tracking, business
requirement/system specification analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience using various testing
- Experience with Jenkins, continuous Integration and data driven
- Experience with enterprise Order Management Systems (OMS) and
enterprise CMS platforms preferred.
- Exposure to SQL preferred.
- Exposure to version control or continuous integration systems
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new
concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Advanced systems/process orientation with demonstrated
analytical thinking, organization skills and problem-solving
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Willingness and ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment,
and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity
- Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with
ambiguous or changing requirements.Must be legally authorized to
work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment
visa status now or in the future.Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed
to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates
will receive consideration for employment and will not be
discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed,
marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by
contract. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests
state and local employment services delivery systems to provide
priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Keywords: The Sherwin-Williams Company, Cleveland , Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, Professions , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...