Sr Demand & Supply Planning Specialist - Super User - Remote
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that
nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that
changes lives, Nestl is the place for you. Nestl USA is one of
seven operating companies that make up Nestl's presence in the
United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading
food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver
quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local
communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow
than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our
entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where
collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected,
and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day.
Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance
your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and
beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers,
but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Sr. Specialist, Demand and Supply Planner role is responsible
for analyzing and reporting demand changes in order to assess the
risk around the Demand Plan and the impact of the changes to the
Supply Plan. They facilitate and drive collaboration with
Marketing, Sales Operations, Finance team members to develop
monthly/quarterly forecasts. Additionally, this role may provide
key project management support on cross-functional projects and
manage and/or actively participate in Demand, Supply and
Distribution Planning initiatives. The Sr Specialist would also be
responsible for analysis and implementation of new planning
functionality, while providing cross-functional support and
developing technical and functional competencies for members of the
Data Analytics Dashboards & Reporting
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize various weekly, monthly, and
periodic sales and operational dashboards and reports for use by
various key stakeholders.
- Conduct full lifecycle of analytics projects, including
exporting and manipulating, data from project requirements
documentation to design and execution.
- Work with different planning functions to identify, design,
develop and improve the overall quality of planning processes by
utilization of master data health checks and exception based
- Contribute to the design of functional planning processes while
considering end-to-end implications for new business requirements,
including active participation on design, testing and
Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) Process
- Active role in leading S&OP process, providing pre-meeting
analyses, coordinating cross-functionally to schedule and conduct
the meeting, and communicating post-meeting action items.
- Develop forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation to help
drive the S&OP plan.
- Calculate and track forecast accuracy, and other relevant
metrics with a focus on determining and acting on areas of
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers,
prepare forecast data, develop forecast models, and evaluate
- Work to understand forecast variances and update the forecast
monthly with inputs from Sales Team by; category,
territory/customer, order type and lifts driven by Sales/Marketing
- Conduct business analyses, recommend solutions, and implement
- Manages and implements ad-hoc projects designed to help fine
tune and progress the S&OP process.
Production Planning Management
- Create, review and revise master production plans and calendar,
to support demand through forecast analysis and capacity analysis
over near-term (0-6 weeks), mid-term (2-6 months) and long-term
(7-12 months) timeframes.
- Translate projected S&OP plan into a production plan to
meet and protect customer order lead-times and protect seasonal
demand and business-critical activities.
Inventory Oversight & Optimization
- Responsible for goods inventory availability and target
- Leads inventory projection analysis, reporting and maintains
safety stock levels and system parameters, to drive towards
- Leads in inventory reduction and cost savings strategies and
- Analyze inventory, create proposals and coordinate with
stakeholders for disposition or donation of excess and obsolete
- Partner with cross-functional manufacturing partners to educate
and assist in raw materials and components inventory purchasing and
Key Business Initiatives Ad-Hoc Analyses
- Support annual Strategic Planning process, providing multi-year
analyses and supporting the creation of high-level 3 to 5-year
- Provide strong and timely financial and business analytic
decision support to business partners and various organizational
- Typically has a University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent
experience and minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Advanced skill level in MS Office Data Analysis Tools (MS Excel
and MS Access in particular)
- Understanding of MS Azure technology is desired
- Highly proficient in advanced use of Excel including use of
filters, v-lookups, pivot tables, graphing, creating complex
calculations with nested functions, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Comfortable with working collaboratively with colleagues across
- Strong multitasking and time management skills
- Takes ownership and responsibility for work progress
- Takes independent action and works autonomously
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the
end-to-end process to deliver the business
- Ability to balance supply chain KPIs with business needs to
support growth at lowest Total Delivered Cost
- At least 3 years of experience performing and/or supporting
Demand and Supply Planning functions.
- At least 2 years of active experience working with SAP APO DP
and/or SAP APO PPDS and/or SAP APO SNP Planning and/or OMP UNISON
Solutions is required.
- Experience actively participating in cross-functional teams to
drive performance improvement and change management
- Experience with large enterprise business and planning systems
and ERP environments such as SAP, BW, Business Objects and OMP.
- Business Travel: up to 25%
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the
forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestl. The
skills you've gained while serving our country, such as
flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that
will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our
commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the
exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with
disabilities. Nestl seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to
share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have
chosen to call Nestl home.
The Nestl Companies are an equal employment opportunity and
affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified
applicants for employment. All applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity,
color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin,
ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition,
genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any
other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the
next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us
confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in
order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact
us at email@example.com or please dial 711 and provide this
number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
Keywords: Nestl--, Cleveland , Sr Demand & Supply Planning Specialist - Super User - Remote, Professions , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!