Patient Care Technician 1
Company: Fresenius Medical Care
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job Description Solon, Ohio Job ID R0067418
About this role: As a Patient Care Technician (PCT) at Fresenius
Medical Care, you play a vital part in supporting people who
entrust us with their care, their families, and your fellow care
team members. You will build deep relationships with patients when
they come into our clinic.
How you grow or advance: Previous healthcare experience is not
required to join us as a PCT. Passion for helping others, teamwork,
and a desire to learn and grow are what you need to be successful.
We will provide robust training and support as you kick off your
career, and we will introduce you to career path options as you
grow with us either as a PCT or venture into a new role such as
Registered Nurse or a leadership role.
Our culture: We believe our employees are our most important asset
we value, care about, and support our people. We are there when you
may need us most, from tuition reimbursement to support your
education goals, scholarships to family members, relief when
natural disasters strike, and financial support when personal
hardship hits; we take care of our people.
Our focus on diversity: We have built a nurturing environment that
welcomes every age, race, gender, sexual orientation, background,
and cultural tradition. We have a diverse range of employee
resource groups (ERGs) to encourage employees with similar
interests, goals, social and cultural backgrounds, or experiences
to come together for professional and personal development,
discussion, activities, and peer support. Our diverse workforce and
culture encourage opportunity, equity, and inclusion for all, which
is a tremendous asset that sets us apart.
At Fresenius Medical Care, you will truly make a difference in the
lives of people living with kidney disease. If this sounds like the
career and company you have been looking for, and you want to be a
vital part of the future of healthcare, apply today.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a member of the nephrology healthcare team, you will provide
safe and effective dialysis therapy for patients under the direct
supervision of a licensed nurse.
- Sets up, tests, and operates hemodialysis machines for patient
- Obtains and documents necessary pre- and post-treatment vital
signs and weight for each patient.
- Evaluates vascular access pre-treatment and performs vascular
- Evaluates intradialytic problems and provides intervention as
prescribed by physician order or as directed.
- Monitors patients' response to dialysis therapy.
- Evaluates patient prior to termination of venous access and
discontinues dialysis treatment according to established
- Reports any significant information and/or change in patient
condition directly to supervisor.
- Enters all treatment data into the designated clinical
application in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collects, labels, appropriately prepares, and stores lab
samples according to required laboratory specifications.
- Cleans and disinfects dialysis machine surface, chair,
equipment, and surrounding area between treatments according to
- Assists other healthcare members in providing patient
- Prepares, organizes, and efficiently uses supplies and
equipment to prevent waste.
EDUCATION AND LICENSES:
* High school diploma or G.E.D. required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Qualities and traits: dependable, compassionate, caring,
supportive, collaborative, reliable.
- Previous patient care experience in a hospital setting or a
related facility (preferred but not required).
- Continued employment is dependent on successful completion of
the Fresenius Medical Care dialysis training program and successful
completion of CPR certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Employees are required to take the Ishihara's Color Blindness
test as a condition of employment. Note that: Failing the Ishihara
Test for Color Blindness does not preclude employment. We will
consider whether reasonable accommodations can be made.
- Day-to-day work includes desk and personal computer work and
interaction with patients, facility staff, and physicians. The
position requires travel between assigned facilities and various
locations within the community. Travel to regional, business unit
and corporate meetings may be required.
- The work environment is characteristic of a healthcare facility
with air temperature control and moderate noise levels. May be
exposed to infectious and contagious diseases/materials.
- The position provides direct patient care that regularly
involves heavy lifting and moving of patients and assisting with
ambulation. Equipment aids and/or coworkers may provide assistance.
This position requires frequent, prolonged periods of standing and
the employee must be able to bend over. The employee may
occasionally be required to push and/or pull equipment, exerting up
to 15 pounds of force. The employee may be required to lift and to
lower solutions on a frequent basis of up to 30 lbs., and on an
occasional basis lift up to 40 lbs., as high as 5 feet. There is a
2-person assist program and "material assist" devices for the
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual
Fresenius Medical Care North America maintains a drug-free
workplace in accordance with applicable federal and state
Keywords: Fresenius Medical Care, Cleveland , Patient Care Technician 1, Professions , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!