Production Associate - TWB, Valley City
Company: Worthington Industries
Location: Valley City
Posted on: January 27, 2023
TWB Company is North America's market leader for tailor welded
products with locations in Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee, Ontario
and Mexico. Formed in 1992, TWB is a joint venture of Worthington
Industries and BAOSteel. The company developed the tailor welded
blank market in North America and is the leading manufacturer of
tailor welded products in the NAFTA region supporting JIT
production and services to the automotive industry. The company's
technologies are helping automotive companies produce stronger,
lighter vehicles. We are looking for great folks to join our team
on 2nd and 3rd shift.
* Minimum Starting Pay $17.50/hour + for Experience. We also offer
a $0.55 Shift Differential
* Generous Benefits Package Available Day 1, Including medical,
dental, vision, life insurance, and holiday pay
* Overtime is paid at time and a half and Double time starts after
* 401k retirement plan with company contribution and employee
* Education assistance
* Employee development and training with opportunities for
The primary role for the Production Associate to package/band,
weigh, and load/unload material from machines and stage material in
a timely and accurate manner. This production associate is
responsible for building arbors and setting up machines for use as
well as performing multiple tasks throughout the day to ensure safe
and quality production. This position requires a self-starter with
a strong work ethic and a desire to perform the duties to the
* Moves material around plant for producing, finishing, packaging,
or shipping the customer product.
* Ensures areas are supplied with parts and removes finished skids
to warehouse or paint line.
* Moves and stages material as scheduled for optimum machine
* Provides machine support by emptying scrap tubs and ensuring
lines are cleared of finished product.
* Locates material into finished goods as needed.
* May be responsible for basic test line operation.
* Packages finished product for shipment.
* Tracks orders and tags.
* Follows bill of material in order to match product with proper
packaging and skidding.
* May perform finishing duties.
* Performs setup of valve and burn off operations.
* Performs multiple tasks to ensure ongoing machine operation.
* Performs miscellaneous tasks throughout plant to ensure safe,
efficient and quality production of materials.
* May perform housekeeping duties within the plant when
* Other duties as assigned.
* Experience in a Warehouse or Manufacturing plant a plus but not
necessary. We will train the right candidate.
* Must have good hand-eye coordination
* Mechanical aptitude a plus, but not required
* Competent in basic math and computer skills
* Can operate banding tools
* Can read a tape measure
* Must be able to handle small parts
* Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures
* Ability to recognize quality issues and problems - detect
* Must be able to read, comprehend and follow detailed instructions
on productions and understand English
* Must be able to distinguish between part numbers and sizes
* Must be able to count and label parts accurately
* Must follow all safety policies and procedures
* Must have good safety awareness and efficiency skills
* Oral and written communication skills - including legible
* Will be required to take OSHA safety training
* Forklift license desired but can train
Keywords: Worthington Industries, Cleveland , Production Associate - TWB, Valley City, Professions , Valley City, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!