Company: Tenneco Automotive
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Tenneco is looking for a Material Handler that will be
responsible for assembling and packing product containers. Safely
operate required material handling equipment. Provide support to
both internal and external customers to include receiving and
moving materials with regards to accurate preparation and shipping
of goods per customer requirements.
An ideal candidate for this position is a candidate who possesses a
High School diploma or equivalent. Ability to meet the physical
demands of operating powered industrial trucks.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the
best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Human
Resources to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will
be a personal interview with the Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves
on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of
transparency and prompt communication throughout.
* Assemble and pack product containers.
* Prepare and affix shipping information on packed cartons, skids,
or other storage devices in an accurate manner. Includes any
special customer required information/labels.
* Prepare all shipping documents in a timely and accurate
* Review identifying information and count or weigh items on
incoming and outgoing shipments. Verify this information against
bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
* Understand and follow all standard operating procedures
concerning safety, quality, packaging, labeling, material handling
* Use the SAP system to look up the status and location of
* Supply components and packing materials to the automated
equipment and hand assembly in a timely manner.
* Safely operate required material handling equipment.
* Prepare corrugated boxes as necessary by using the box maker.
* Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
condition, and follow prescribed safety rules.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
* At minimum: 1-3 years of hands-on experience in the manufacturing
* Ability to frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
* Ability to frequently lift, bend, stoop, squat, reach, push, and
* Ability to meet the physical demands of operating industrial
* Experience working as a member in a team-oriented environment
* Flexibility required. Must be able to effectively coordinate
several activities simultaneously, switching amongst tasks as
* SAP experience a plus.
TENNECO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER -- M/F/V/D
Keywords: Tenneco Automotive, Cleveland , Material Handler, Professions , Brunswick, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!