Company: Akron Children's Hospital
Posted on: November 26, 2022
About Akron Children's HospitalAkron Children's Hospital has
been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties
are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report.
With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than
50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're
making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality
care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than
1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and
pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care
partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide
thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage
clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With
our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere
app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us.
Learn more at .OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonPrior to the start date,
full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full
vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received
vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.We are
seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment
in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds,
cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can
Full Time40 Hours per weekDays/1st shift -Variable ScheduleRotating
The Dietetic Technician provides food and nutrition services to
patients under the supervision of the Registered Dietitian (RD).
Primary responsibilities include: nutrition screening and
participation in the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) as determined by
the RD for nutrition assessment; developing and implementing
nutrition intervention/plan of care such as following up on
nutrition screening completed by nursing; documenting medical,
food, and nutrition related data; reviewing patient menus for
conformance to diet order; providing individualized or group
nutrition education; monitoring meal, snack, and/or medical food
intake to contribute to evaluation of patient's progress and
revision of intervention/plan of care, if indicated; monitoring the
quality and accuracy of food served to patients; and maintaining
professional competency and skills required for professional
practice. The Dietetic Technician also assists with Milk
Lab/Formula Lab operations, facilitates daily workflow, and
supports patient food service menu program activities.
- Screens patients for nutritional risk according to established
- Documents results of screening and provides nutrition follow up
as assigned by the RD, writes modified diets and uses the nutrient
- Collaborates with patient food service and nutrition staff to
ensure conformance with diet order, patient preferences, and other
applicable components of the nutrition prescription.
- Participates in supervised practice experiences for nutrition
and dietetics students/interns, other disciplines when requested,
and helps orient new employees as assigned.
- Assists with Room Service Call Center, Feeding Labs and/or Food
Service operations and facilitates workflow as assigned.
- Participates in department's and/or unit's quality performance
and improvement activities.
- Other duties as required. -Other information:
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar
software is required.Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Certification: Dietetic Technician, Registered required.
- Years of relevant experience: 0-2 years preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None -Full Time -FTE:
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Position: FOOD SERVICES
Keywords: Akron Children's Hospital, Cleveland , Dietetic Technician, Professions , Mogadore, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!