Interventional Vascular Technician
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Provides technical assistance in performing diagnostic and
interventional procedures. Acquires all imaging and post processing
of images. Adheres to all state, local and federal licensing
regulations. Provides emergency on call
- Utilizes sterile or aseptic technique to scrub in and perform
vascular, interventional and surgical procedures per protocol.
- Establishes effective working relationships and utilizes a team
approach to process improvement.
- Performs duties in instances where normal, routine practice
cannot be applied, often in high stress situations.
- Educates patients regarding procedures, equipment and exam to
ensure understanding and cooperation.
- Ensures patients safety and comfort during and after
- Sets-up or operates injector to administer contrast agents for
- Manually injects contrast agent if no pressure injector is
- Operates ancillary equipment adherent to specific
- Checks and prepares patient prior to Vascular-Interventional
- Screens patients for ability to undergo procedure by
understanding baseline lab requirements.
- Demonstrates understanding of primary purpose of drugs used in
IR, indications, contraindications, contrast drug interactions and
- Positions patient to obtain radiographic exposure, adjusts
exposure factors and processes images.
- Adapts imaging and therapeutic procedures with professional
judgment to improve diagnostic quality and therapeutic
- Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS.
- Completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate
- Immediately reports malfunctions to help desk and PACS
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Records and maintains procedural data to include injection
data, elapsed fluoroscopic time and procedural information.
- Provides after hours standby call in service.
- Monitors equipment, systems, cleans equipment and effects
- Teaches and instructs students and new hires.
- Learns new technical information and skills through attendance
of periodic in-service programs and participation in professional
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Graduate of an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT), in good
standing. Certification in Cardiovascular-Interventional
Radiography: R.T.(R)(CV)(ARRT) or Vascular-Interventional
Radiology: R.T.(R)(VI)(ARRT) preferred.
- Current state licensure (RL) required prior to employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.Complexity of
- Knowledge of radiologic physics and computerized vascular
equipment, so as to safely inject and image human vascular
- Thorough knowledge of vascular anatomy and pathology sufficient
to apply to interventional and diagnostic exams.
- Must be knowledgeable of sterile technique with ability to
create and maintain sterile environment.
- Ability to function well with minimal to no supervision,
especially during after hours call-in emergency service.Work
- Minimum one year experience as radiologic technologist
- Preference given to previous experience in high volume
angiography department.Physical Requirements:
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily.Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Interventional Vascular Technician, Professions , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!