Technician Advanced, Registered Pharmacy
Company: Market District
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job SummaryAs an Advanced-Reg Pharmacy Technician, you will
consistently build relationships with patients by exceeding their
needs and providing safe, accurate and efficient care to achieve
optimal patient, Team Member and company outcomes. As an integral
part of our service conscious Pharmacy team, you will have mastered
all of the skills of the Pharmacy Technician at an optimal
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year; Successful completion
of Giant Eagle employer based Pharmacy Technician Training Program
and accompanying examinations, as established, maintained, and
administered by the Company.; Successful completion of the Pharmacy
Technician High-Level Proficiency Test, as established, maintained,
and administered by the Company.
- Experience Desired: Previous experience in a retail, closed
door, or hospital pharmacy.
- Education Desired: High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification or Licensing Required: Registration as a Pharmacy
Technician, as required by the state.
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 25 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of ageJob Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently handle prescription data including
counting, pouring, measuring and weighing tablets and medications,
and mixing medications.
- Welcome patients with compassion and a smile at all pharmacy
entry points and resolve customer questions and concerns by
communicating effectively with the customer and the management
team/support staff in an efficient manner.
- Display excellent patient care by respecting, engaging and
enthusiastically meeting or exceeding all patient needs including
processing orders in person and by phone, directing patients to
products and merchandise, and referring appropriate questions
concerning prescriptions and over the counter medicine to the
- Adhere to all company, state and federal policies, laws and
regulations including HIPAA and Pseudoephedrine sales.
- Use the Pharmacy computer to complete all actions necessary to
maximize efficiency and provide optimal patient care at drop-off,
will call, drive thru, filing and order receiving, including but
not limited to, searching for patients and profiles, determining
dates of fill and pick-up, and determining prescriptions sent to
- Finalize sales using cash register according to established
procedures, including but not limited to, the point of sale
policies, quoting cash prices of prescriptions, and entering
- Assist with maintaining proper inventory levels by checking
on-hand counts of medications, ordering, receiving, stocking and
rotating drugs and other supplies per company policy and
- Answer the telephone in a polite and timely manner, ensuring
accurate information is exchanged and customer is satisfied.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all appropriate service and business
metrics and assist team on action plans to improve outcomes.
- Maintain a neat and clean work environment to ensure company
and government requirements are met.
- Create prescription labels, file and retrieve prescriptions
daily, and select the proper prescription container.
- Oversee inventory preparation and control, rebilling, and
assisting the Pharmacist with other administrative functions.
- Assist in the execution of all company initiatives and programs
as required.About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food,
fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and
talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our
company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that
offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and
solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places
for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and
Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery
Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together
to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're
always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our
family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a
lasting career with us.
Keywords: Market District, Cleveland , Technician Advanced, Registered Pharmacy, Professions , Uniontown, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!