Company: Greif Brothers
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to
make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always
Job Requisition #:
021411 Production Supervisor (Open)
Greif-Massillon is an essential manufacturer of 100% recycled paper
used in the corrugated box industry. The mill is located between
Massillon and Navarre off Highway 21, approximately 10 miles west
of Canton, Ohio.
The Production Shift Supervisor manages a continuous process
including stock preparation, two paper machines and two
winding/slitting packaging lines. The expectation of this role is
to be 80% "hands-on" or "on the floor", and 20% administrative
tasks supporting the operation.
The Paper Mill Production Shift Supervisor is a high-profile
position responsible for managing 15 operations colleagues and
ensuring proper equipment utilization to meet or exceed safety,
quality, cost, productivity, and housekeeping targets.
For the right candidate, this position offers opportunity for
advancement in the organization.
* Support the "The Greif Way" mission and values. Embrace a servant
leadership approach to working with colleagues to achieve
* Build effective relationships with all internal departments to
produce a quality product, safely, on time, and in the most
efficient way possible.
* Be the first point of contact for team/colleagues suggestions or
* Ensure colleagues understand their roles within Greif and their
responsibilities to each other.
* Direct team in resolving complaints.
* Communicate production issues and daily results.
* Provide feedback and corrective actions to colleagues regarding
* Help train new colleagues, monitor their performance; and issue
corrective actions as required to develop a cohesive team.
* Engage and encourage joint problem solving, personal safety, and
* Monitor work schedules to ensure efficient operations. Review
colleague time sheets while verifying and approving work hours in
* Work with production team and maintenance personnel to
troubleshoot operational issues.
* Enforce company rules and organizational policies related to
safety, quality, cost, productivity, and housekeeping.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering or Engineering
Technology, Associates Degree, or vocation certification is
desirable, OR a high school diploma, G.E.D., or with at least two
years of experience in the paper Industry or related manufacturing
Knowledge and Skills (needed for the position)
* Demonstrated supervisory and leadership skills.
* Previous experience in coaching, training, teambuilding,
performance development, and conflict resolution.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Computer Skills (Word, Excel)
* Must be able to go up and down ladders and steps
* Ability to work weekends, holidays, and rotating shifts required
in a 24/7-week operation.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity
for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will
not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of
sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age,
national origin, color, disability, or veteran status.
EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read
Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
Keywords: Greif Brothers, Cleveland , Production Supervisor, Professions , Massillon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!