Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
Company: Morgan Truck Body
Posted on: August 7, 2022
$2,500 sign-on bonus!2nd Shift 4:30 PM - 3:00 AM with training
on 1st shift. Earn an additional $2/hr on 2nd Shift!COMPANY
BACKGROUND:Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium
duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North
America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown,
Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured
through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and
continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the
world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and six service
facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan
is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our
customers expect. A subsidiary of J.B. Poindexter, a privately held
diversified manufacturing company, Morgan Corporation offers a vast
variety of career opportunities, internally as well as within the
J.B. Poindexter family of companies. We offer competitive salaries
and progressive benefits including health, dental, vision, life
insurance, disability plans, 401K, paid time off, tuition
reimbursement and more. We pride ourselves in team member
development, performance, recognition, and a culture of diversity
and respect. Whether you are taking the next step of your career or
just beginning, joining Morgan's winning team means being part of a
great home away from home. You will be challenged. You will be
proud. KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work and adhere to all safety policies within the work area and
throughout Morgan Corporation.
- Team member, must be able to work in a team, safety conscious,
environment. SAFETY FIRST! Attitude, expectations include but not
limited to Morgan Corporation safety guidelines.
- Have the knowledge of and be capable of safely operating
required hand and portable tools both power/non powered. Must be
capable of using hand and portable tools on a daily basis.
- Understand and comprehend measurements and have the ability to
apply based on instruction. Have ability to read precision
measuring equipment, dial indicators, calibers, electrical test
- Must have basic knowledge of PLC troubleshooting. Knowledge of
electrical circuits both AC and DC.
- Must be capable of operating complex heavy equipment such as
forklifts, scissor lifts, basket trucks, and overhead cranes.
- Work from elevated areas such as ladders, platforms,
scaffolding, utilizing the proper fall protection.
- Understand quality policies.
- Ability to read and or interpret work orders and apply to task
- Be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays if
- Meet physical requirements which include lifting up to 35 lbs,
standing for long periods, bending, stooping, reaching and
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- Have an understanding of code, regulations of state local and
federal government. (OSHA, NEC)
- Self-starter - Self Motivated: Willingness to learn and desire
to progress. EXPERTISE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience working in a maintenance
department associated with a manufacturing setting.
- Possess knowledge of electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic
- Must have a valid driver's license.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:This
job operates in a manufacturing plant environment. While performing
the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to
talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to stand
(sometimes for extended periods); walk; use hands to finger, handle
or feel; and reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 35 pounds.
The team member may, at times, sit, bend, stoop, squat, reach
overhead, or crawl (may be in confined spaces). The team member is
expected to perform repetitive tasks using their hands, and have
the ability to climb ladders and/or work in high places. J.B.
Poindexter & Co., Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to
all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation and training.#LI-TK1PandoLogic. Keywords:
Maintenance Technician, Location: Orrville, OH - 44667
Keywords: Morgan Truck Body, Cleveland , Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift, Professions , Orrville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!