Field Service Technician
Company: SKIDATA USA
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Title: Field Service TechnicianLocation: Cleveland, OH
areaDepartment: Service (Operations)Reports to: Service ManagerFLSA
Status: Non - Exempt
SUMMARY: The Field Service Technician provides customer service in
person and/or by telephone to customers in and around the
Cleveland, OH area. Technician will also help fulfill the needs of
the maintenance schedule when needed by performing field repairs on
parking access and building access systems, software and/or
hardware. Works with upper-level support to setup/configure
firewall, router and other network switches. Effectively
understands and troubleshoots basic setup of credit card
configuration within the SKIDATA network.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but
are not limited to---
- Perform field repairs on parking access and building access
systems, software and/or hardware related.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems on devices/equipment, down to
- Correct/fixes; minor to complex software issues on
- Understand and troubleshoot the entire setup of a SKIDATA
- Properly identifies all network devices on a LAN (router,
modem, switch etc.)
- Works with upper-level support to setup/configure firewall,
router and other network devices.
- Provides good effective customer service, to internal and
- Properly identifies when higher level support is needed. Work
closely with peers and support team to ensure customer expectations
- Effectively execute troubleshooting instructions from higher
- Properly maintain vehicle status and maintenance, as
- Properly maintains his/her inventory levels, by properly
transacting in ERP system.
- Properly communicates with service coordinator, advisors and
service management team.
- Responsible for transactions for assigned SROs in ERP system on
a per SRO basis (parts and labor), also to include maintenance
- Perform monthly preventative maintenance - scheduled
inspection, cleaning, lubricating and adjusting of the
- Other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS This is an experienced level position within the
Service Department. To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be at least 21 years old, with a valid driver's license;
have and maintain a driving record clean of any major or numerous
- Must be able to drive to field / customer locations to
performing field work.
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, SQL,
Windows 7 and 10 and network and firewall configurations.
- Must possess aptitude to learn new technologies.
- The ability to work independently all while keeping others
informed of your processes and progress via multiple avenues -
including ERP System, email, and/or phone.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Incumbent must possess aptitude to learn new technologies.
- Must be able to complete SKIDATA technical certified training
courses - within 24 months; or, has completed required certified
courses in the technical career track. Specific product/equipment
and software training supplied by SKIDATA.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general
education degree (GED) or equivalent and two (2) years of
training/experience in related field required, or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Good skills in the use of
hand tools, required Experience using ERP software, a plus.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Valid Driver's License, in
state of residence.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to drive motor vehicle; sit; stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; or crawl; and talk; or hear. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move more than 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, and depth perception; standing for long
periods of time; climbing ladders, stairs, ramps; handling and
assembling small parts, use of a variety of tools and equipment
such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power
tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to
moving mechanical parts and/or automobiles. The employee is
occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or
airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather
conditions; risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
TRAVELThere may be occasional travel outside of the employee's
regular region; this travel may be by airplane or vehicle and will
be planned with as much advanced notice as possible.
SCHEDULEMonday through Friday - Available 8am - 5pm. Saturday and
Sundays - Possible with advance notification. The general hours of
the position are Monday through Friday (8 a.m. to 5 p.m.); however,
the expectations is that you be flexible to work as the needs of
the business require. This may require occasional overtime; working
on Saturday/weekends; and/or before or after the hours of 8 a.m. to
5 p.m. Technicians are required to be on an on call rotation for 1
week a month.
Supervisor will give as much advance notice as possible and try to
evenly distribute hours based on business needs among the employees
with skills, knowledge and ability for the work that needs to be
Keywords: SKIDATA USA, Cleveland , Field Service Technician, Professions , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!