Traveling Inventory Arborist Technician - Kent, OH
Company: Davey Tree
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Additional Locations: Travel opportunities
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 295 S. Water Street, 3rd Floor,
Requisition ID: 168784
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, Inc., headquartered in Kent, Ohio, has
openings for experienced environmental consulting professionals. We
are seeking teamwork-oriented individuals with excellent written
and oral communication skills. Candidates should possess a
professional work ethic with attention to detail and safety.
Position Description and Responsibilities
The Inventory Arborist Technician will provide our government,
commercial and not-for-profit clients with the services and
solutions needed to efficiently and effectively manage trees and
urban forests by inspecting trees and other vegetation and
identifying common defects. Job duties include, but are not limited
* Identify species and measure tree size, understand tree species
typical growth rates and recognize indicators of common diseases
and pest infestations.
* Prescribe appropriate tree work needed to mitigate risk.
* Collect tree and site data in the field using handheld
* Walk areas along city street right-of-way, universities, golf
courses, zoos, cemeteries, and private lands, in woodlands, along
rail lines, and in wetlands.
* Travel often out of state to support Davey Resource Group, Inc's
projects across the nation.
* Work in an outdoor environment (90%+).
* Ensure clear and effective communication with clients and
* Conduct administrative tasks.
* Urban forestry educational discipline or experience
* International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Arborist
Certification will be required for certain contracts.
* Proficient working knowledge of computers, including GIS systems,
Microsoft Office Suite, and Google's suite of applications.
* Ability to identify 50+ midwest or southern tree species
* Current Driver's License and driving record in good standing.
* Ability to work and hike in rugged terrain and inclement weather
for up to 4-hour increments.
* Ability to read and follow GIS data and maps.
* Ability to work independently and demonstrate problem-solving
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to work and hike in urban terrain and inclement
* Ability to work independently, be adaptable, and manage all
project field tasks.
* Ability to travel for extended periods of time
What We Offer:*
* Paid time off and paid holidays.
* Opportunities for advancement.
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
* Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
* Group Health Plan.
* Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
* Locations throughout the United States in major cities and
* Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety
specialists and skilled trainers.
* The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
* Charitable matching gift program.
* All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company,
is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry
consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon
our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless
of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or
veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established
by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in
more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of
tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the
residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded
in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more
than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing
World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at
1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 100%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and
considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions
regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military
or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as
established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that
all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and
all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition,
harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written
request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua
Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English - Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English -
Right to Work - English - Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Inventory, Operations
Keywords: Davey Tree, Cleveland , Traveling Inventory Arborist Technician - Kent, OH, Professions , Kent, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!