Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Our Mentor, Ohio, Films facility has immediate openings for an
experienced maintenance technician. Avery Dennison offers paid
vacation, paid holidays, a 401k with a company match along with
comprehensive health insurance. -As a Maintenance technician, you
will be responsible for the repair and upkeep of the equipment and
facility. Activities include both planned and predictive
maintenance and break down repair. You will work -on a 12-hour,
rotating schedule days & nights. -Some of your responsibilities
- Locating and diagnosing failures, replacing defective
components -and performing basic troubleshooting using standard
equipment, detailed drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications,
prints, manuals -and verbal and / or written instructions.
- Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment,
such as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production
machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power
tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Performing a wide variety of functions, such as: installation,
maintenance -and repair of equipment for generating, distributing
-and utilizing electrical energy. Using instruments to test
circuits and replacing or installing -new power, light, electronic
and control circuits.
- Troubleshooting electrical malfunctions, inspecting circuits
and wiring for shielding and grounding. Testing electrical
equipment for safety and efficiency.
- Repairing complex electrical equipment, including: motors,
switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines,
controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems
- Working from schematics, drawings, layouts -and other
specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical
system or equipment.
- Improvising acceptable fixes to get equipment running
- Assisting engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting
- Properly inspecting and maintaining shop equipment, in
accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Preparing new machines and production equipment for
- Following a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen
exposure to downtime related to repairs and maintenance.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and -organized shop and production
- Consistently working in a safe manner with regard to self,
co-workers -and manufacturing systems.
- Performing general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within
department/group and assisting -other areas, as required.
- Continuously reviewing current processes and searching out
improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce
waste, rework -and unnecessary work that doesn't add -value to the
- Assisting and supporting other team members in meeting
department and site goals.
- Contributing and participating in team decision making.
Providing -support in project work and other special requests.
- Providing support to the production team to produce superior
quality materials that meet/exceed client needs. This role supports
the needs of manufacturing and facilities to ensure both are in top
- Painting structures, performing masonry work and -repairing
plumbing fixtures and woodwork.
- Repairing, assisting in repairing and overseeing contracted
personnel on heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Performing or supervising janitorial services and grounds
maintenance, such as: landscaping, lawn care and snow removal.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) or 3+ years of relevant
manufacturing work experience.
- 3 - 5 years previous experience required.
- Certifications in specialty area required, as applicable (or
acquire within specified timing any licensures necessary to perform
- Good interpersonal skills, mathematical aptitude,
mechanical/technical skills and aptitude and logical problem
solving skills necessary.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Ablility -to work in a fast-paced environment with a highly
participative work system.
- Ability to work independently in a safe and timely manner
- Must be motivated toward -productivity improvements, safety and
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.If you require accommodations to view or apply for a
job, alternative methods are available to submit an application.
Please contact 440.534.6080 or
firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss reasonable
accommodations.PandoLogic. Keywords: Building Maintenance Worker,
Location: Novelty, OH - 44073 , PL: 524405088
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Cleveland , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Novelty, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!