Maintenance Technician - 5:50P-6:00A - Building 3
Company: Avery Dennison
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the repair and upkeep
of equipment and facility. Activities include both planned and
predictive maintenance and break down repair.Primary Job Duties and
- Locate and diagnose failures, replace defective components, and
perform basic troubleshooting using standard equipment, detailed
drawings, diagrams, sketches, specifications, prints, manuals, and
verbal and/or written instructions.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such
as pneumatic tools, motors, conveyor systems and production
machines and equipment using testing instruments, hand and power
tools and precision-measuring instruments.
- Performs a wide variety of functions such as installation,
maintenance, and repair of equipment for generating, distributing,
and utilizing electrical energy. Uses instruments to test circuits
and replaces or installs new power, light, electronic and control
- Troubleshoots electrical malfunctions, inspects circuits and
wiring for shielding and grounding, and tests electrical equipment
for safety and efficiency.
- Repairs complex electrical equipment, including motors,
switches, switchboards, electrical mechanisms, automated machines,
controls, panels, relays, circuit breakers, communication systems
- Performs complex wiring assignments.
- Installs Measures, cuts, bonds, threads, assembles and installs
- Works from schematics, drawings, layouts, or other
specifications to locate and diagnose trouble in the electrical
system or equipment.
- Improvises acceptable fixes to get equipment running
- Assists engineers in diagnosing problems and suggesting
- Cleans and lubricates parts.
- Inspects completed repairs.
- Properly inspect and maintain shop equipment, in accordance
with OSHA regulations.
- Prepare new machines and production equipment for
- Follow a strict preventive maintenance schedule to lessen
exposure to downtime related repairs and maintenance.
- Orders replacement parts. Requisition new parts and
- Report shift metrics to capture the performance and/or areas
for improvement. (Breakdown - Downtime) (Part Availability)
- Maintains appropriate maintenance and repair logs.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe shop and production
- Consistently work in a safe manner with regard to self,
co-workers, and manufacturing systems.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within
department/group and assists other areas as required.
- Continuously review current processes and search out
improvement methods to improve product/process quality and reduce
waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work
- Assist and support other team members in meeting department and
- Contribute and participate in team decision making. Provide
support in project work and other special requests.
- Provide support to the production team to produce superior
quality materials that meet/exceed client needs. This role supports
the needs of manufacturing and facilities to ensure both are in top
- Paint structures, perform masonry work, repair plumbing
fixtures and woodwork.
- Repair, assist in repairing or oversee contracted personnel on
heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
- Perform or supervises janitorial services and grounds
maintenance such as landscaping, lawn care and snow removal.
Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance, Machine Repair,
Automated Mfg, or Journeyman's card preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 yrs. verifiable overall maintenance experience
- (Electrical) 3-5 years experience as an Industrial Electrician
or related electrical experience preferred
- Knowledge, Understanding, & Formal Training in:
- Plant utility systems maintenance & operations
- Industrial machine repair/reliability techniques
- Skills required for machine tool functions
- Ability to work from prints/technical drawing
- 3-phase & control power & basic input & output electrical
- (Electrical) Knowledge of relay logic, DC drives and PLC
- (Electrical) Working knowledge of methods and procedures used
in performing evaluations on all electrical apparatus using
ammeters, meggers (high voltage resistance test device),
temperature gauges etc.
- Understanding of technical & non-technical documents related to
design & operational characteristics of machine mechanical and
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Computer skills.
- Ability to interface with both technical and non-technical
personnel in the writing of specifications, maintenance, design,
and repair of critical process rolls and roll related
- Must regard safety as a core value; must serve as role model
for other employees and encourage adherence to safety practices,
policies and procedures.
- Must be able to actively contribute in a team based
environment, encourage open communication and positive interaction
with peers and management to effectively reach a common goal.
- Must have a strong service and quality focus, be able to
address issues effectively when problems arise, and take initiative
to understand root cause then communicate/educate team in a timely
- Must demonstrate proficiency in essential tasks of the job and
a willingness to learn and share knowledge; must take initiative to
cross-train and sustain acquired skills.
- Must have demonstrated record of flexibility and dependability
in order to support production and customer focus.
- Must have a strong detail orientation and be able to follow
written and oral instruction.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime, including
- Must be able to lift / push / pull up to 50 lbs.NOTE: The
physical requirements of this role may vary by location. A detailed
listing of the physical requirements may be obtained from the local
Human Resource contact or the site Occupational Health Nurse.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran
status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Reasonable Accommodations NoticeIf you require
accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are
available to submit an application. Please contact (440)534-6080 or
Jacqueline.Williams@averydennison.com to discuss reasonable
Keywords: Avery Dennison, Cleveland , Maintenance Technician - 5:50P-6:00A - Building 3, Professions , Madison, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!