Supply Chain Strategist (Solon, OH, US, 44139)
Company: Swagelok Company
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Summary: Responsible for the collaborative effort to
design, develop, monitor, and improve global end to end supply
chains for new products or new market opportunities at Swagelok.--
This position is an informal leader of a cross-functional team, to
coordinate and align efforts of analyzing demand and customer or
market requirements, evaluate and assess options to support optimal
operational efficiency, and develop scalable solutions to support a
robust and cost-effective supply chain solution for a complex
global footprint. -- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads a cross functional team to assess, design, and develop
end to end supply chain solutions to support global
commercialization launches for new products and identified
strategic growth opportunities.
- Organizes and Leads Supply Chain Efforts required by
effectively defining, managing, and communicating project
expectations, timelines, shared supply chain team deliverables &
ownership, required to develop supply chain solutions.
- Recognizes value of collaboration and is able to effectively
leverage different opinions and subject matter expertise to solve
problems and accomplish tasks/goals
- Includes but is not limited to:
- Works with New Product Engineering and Marketing to collect
customer use and demand requirements (end customer use, annual
volumes, projected forecasts, customer buying patterns, desired
customer and market expectations, postponement opportunities, rate
of consumption, product life cycles, inventory investment,
postponement opportunities, etc.) as an input to evaluate and
analyze supply chain networks, strategies, and desired
- Collaborates with engineering to understand product
requirements and bills of material to coordinate efforts with
Global sourcing to develop a supplier strategy to support
operational and profitability targets.
- Collaborates with LOB Operational Planning teams to assess
capital requirements, capacity, and labor needs to identify
constraints, and inform the development needs of future supply
- Coordinates with Manufacturing & Engineering for SAP system set
up of Part Numbers, BOMs, and routing information.
- Works with Corporate Supply Chain to analyze inventory,
forecasting, and fulfillment strategies to evaluate current vs.
future financial investment to effectively support corporate
profitability and availability goals.
- Utilizes lean methodologies to develop high level process maps
of physical and systematic flow of product from initiation of
demand to delivery of end customer to identify bottlenecks and
- Performs make vs buy analysis based on quality, scalability,
and availability as an input to design an optimal supply chain
- Develops and evaluates costed BOMs to validate and design
improvement opportunities to support target profitability
- Challenges team to identify and ideate around simplification
opportunities affecting product strategy, operational and supply
chain process, and ERP systems enablement. --
- Tests and Validates thresholds of the supply chain to develop
alternative solutions, guardrails, and assess financial impact to
support surge demand, increased forecasted sales, and unexpected
- Develops the business case to support the recommended supply
chain options to support both the known and unknown demand to
secure executive sponsorship, funding, people, and resources.
- Establishes and evaluates key performance indicators to measure
progress toward project deliverables and strategic goals.
- Owner of the iterative supply chain reviews during the new
product development process with key team members and stakeholders
to review risks, constraints, mitigation plans, and recommendations
ensure progress deliverables are on track and aligned with goals of
- Provides executive level summaries of capabilities and
solutions of projected business strategies.
- Analyzes implemented supply chains to evaluate effectiveness
and identify improvement opportunities.--
- Engages supply chain colleagues to address and improve gaps
within existing supply chains.
- Infuses new methodologies, tools, and technologies into
approach of developing solutions.
- Responsible for the documentation of standard work and
capturing continuous improvement opportunities.
- Thrives working independently receiving minimal guidance on
- Other duties as assigned. -- -- Education and/or Work
Experience Requirements: Required:
- Bachelor---s degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, or
Engineering and a minimum of (7) years of related field experience
in those fields.-- --In lieu of a degree, must have a minimum of 12
years of cross-functional experience in Supply Chain, Operations,
- Minimum of (1) year of project management experience or formal
- Strong understanding of the following supply chain elements:
demand or forecast management, fulfillment & inventory strategies,
capacity analytics, scheduling, MRP systems knowledge, supplier
management, costing evaluations and margin walks, costed BOMs, and
- Comfortable of making decisions guided by policy yet is able to
pivot to fit for purpose recommendations in non-standard
- Self -starter and enjoys working in challenging, fast paced,
and ambiguous environments.
- Skillful in building valued partnerships with stakeholders,
communicating, and influencing effectively across all levels of an
organization, leading change, collaborating, and working
cross-functionally, facilitating workshops, applying emotional
intelligence, and employing analytics.
- Ability to multi-task, work in teams and use multiple systems
and processes to handle changing requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, SAP -- Preferred:
- Organizational awareness current systems knowledge. -- --
- Strategic Thinking, Collaboration, Planning & Aligning,
Accountability, Managing & Navigating Complexity, Communication,
Enabling Change -- Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
- Ability to perform the essential job functions consistent
safely and successfully with the ADA, FMLA and other federal,
state, and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards, with or without a reasonable
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state, and local standards,
with or without a reasonable accommodation. -- Swagelok is proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.--
Applicants are selected without regard to race, ethnicity, creed,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or
ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or another protected
characteristic under federal, state or local law -- Swagelok will
make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans
with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities
Act Amendments Act of 2008. -- This job summary is intended to be
brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing
in this job description should be construed as an express or
implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer,
which means that either party is free to terminate the employment
relationship at any time, without any advanced notice, for any
reason or no .
Keywords: Swagelok Company, Cleveland , Supply Chain Strategist (Solon, OH, US, 44139), Professions , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!