Blood Distribution Technician
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Job Description: Are you seeking a full-time opportunity that
makes a difference??Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do
you want to have an impact in your community, across the country,
and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you
to become a Blood Processing Technician for the American Red Cross!
Blood Processing Technicians perform manufacturing processes in a
highly regulated environment-from receipt of unprocessed blood,
through maintaining accurate records of finished goods in
preparation to distribute to area hospitals. Successful Blood
Processing Technicians will have a strong attention to detail, a
customer-service focus and the ability to treat both internal and
external customers with compassion at all times. Learn more about
the life-saving impact our employees have in their communities in
this short video: Blood Processing Technician -
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples
according to applicable FDA, AABB, CLIA, NRC and Red Cross policies
and procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and
distribution goals established by the department. Prioritize
workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on
equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated
with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for
distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet
quality requirements. Perform disposition of unacceptable
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and
information provided from other departments to meet time
requirements and quality standards.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the
manufacturing and shipping process.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes
weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals.
- Drive for results and to serve others with a high level of
respect for customer service.
- Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and
give 100% while you're there.
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment.
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner
with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and
compassion at all times. The aforementioned responsibilities of the
Blood Processing Technician describe the general nature and level
of work and are not an exhaustive list. Qualifications
- High School diploma, plus two years' experience in a
regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.
- All technician jobs require good computer skills, attention to
detail, accurate documentation and good decision-making
- College studies or technical training in science or medical
technology or the equivalent is preferred.
- Physical requirements may include standing, stretching,
stooping and bending for extended time periods. The ability to
lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. You may work
in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Apply now!
Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a
difference every day. The American Red Cross is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law. The American Red Cross is a
diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee's professional
development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary,
comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit
Keywords: American Red Cross, Cleveland , Blood Distribution Technician, Professions , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!