Systems Analyst (Financial Systems)
Posted on: February 25, 2021
The Systems Analyst (Financial Systems) is responsible to lead
analytical efforts associated with multiple projects, which are
based on requirements given directly by customers or client groups.
Incumbent gathers requirements and suggests enhancements to
existing systems, or proposes solutions to current client group
needs. They design solutions, translate business requirements into
system requirements, distribute tasks to internal and external
developers, either conduct or oversee the system-level testing and
documentation, and provide project management for one or more
complex projects that have organization-wide implications and
impact.Such efforts often require cross-function involvement with
other IT groups and external software vendors.They have subject
matter expert level skill in webmethods and/or java. Additionally
this position requires a well-qualified candidate to have excellent
PL SQL programming skills preferably with Oracle. Additionally, a
proven track record in Java, .Net and SQL is a plus.
The Systems Analyst (Financial Systems) is also responsible for the
creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and
ownership. They will lead regular meetings to ensure effectiveness
of plan, cost implications and quality of solution. This role is
heavily involved in technical resource management, where they
schedule resources to work on projects, assign tasks, and assess
task quality. The Systems Analyst - webMethods is held accountable
to complete projects on time, and ensure all tasks and projects are
executed to department quality standards.
- Responsible for leading multiple large-scale projects with little
- Assigns onshore and offshore resources to projects. Expected to
be able to mentor more junior associates.
- Regular interface with little to no direct supervision through
meetings with internal and external customers.
- Work within the scope of project budget assigned by upper
- Will work on 3-6 mid-scale projects concurrently, assigned from
department and client group senior leadership.
- Responsible for technical project plans and system test plans
- Multi-dimensional projects will require inclusion of other IT
departments and/or software vendors
- Work closely with process owner Sr. level management and project
team during scope development and option analysis phase.
- Translate business requirements into system requirements
- Manage the projects and/or solutions to meet client group
- Main point of contact for client group updates, issues, and
- Execute technical solutions to department quality standards.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis and recommend
technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- May be called on to consult for other projects
- Responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines,
milestones, goals and ownership.
- Lead regular meetings to ensure effectiveness of plan, cost
implications and quality of solution.
- Complete and implement projects on time and ensure all tasks and
projects are executed to department quality standards.
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred
- 10-15 years of experience (including large scale projects, and
managing multiple projects at one time)
- Expert level skill in .NET web design and development using MVC.
(this is not required for this particular position)
-Excellent knowledge and programming skills in webmethods and/or
required for this particular position)
- Knowledgeable in Oracle, XML/XSL, PL SQL
- Create and perform test scripts to ensure App's are error free
and look for application performance improvements.
- Full understanding system development lifecycle, methodologies
- Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to
apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
- Demonstrate leadership skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft office applications
- Experience in both single and multi-domain environments.
- Experience in the 3PL, LLP environment would be a plus.
- Full fluency and expert level knowledge in systems/languages
applicable to the role.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally
and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information;
and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be
required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently
required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and
logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske
Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution
in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit
www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Keywords: Penske, Cleveland , Systems Analyst (Financial Systems), Professions , Beachwood, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!