Driver - Manager - Delivery Operations Support
Company: AmeriGas Propane
Posted on: May 24, 2020
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation's premiere propane company,
serving over 2 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, our 8,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver 1.5 billion gallons of propane from
1,400 distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Delivery Operations Support Manager works closely with field
personnel and area management to ensure delivery routes are
effectively meeting the needs of the districts, while driving
improvement in key metrics to achieve company goals. The manager
will proactively lead the group's continuous efforts to improve
operational efficiency and customer responsiveness. This position
is responsible for developing a best in class organization by
utilizing existing/future delivery management technology, systems,
and practices, and developing the skills of the team.
- Must have strong people management and logistics/routing
- Analytical skills to assess and drive productivity metrics
- Ability to plan, problem-solve, and provide innovative
- Requires strategic management skills necessary to lead
efficiency and growth within the team and to partner effectively
with all levels of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports company goals of delivery cost reduction, asset
(truck/driver) utilization, and customer service enhancements by
partnering with the field to drive improvements in key metrics
(i.e. Stops per Hour, Miles per Stop, Gallons per mile, etc.).
- Addresses all district issues, complaints, and inquiries and
interacts with field operations and other stakeholders to
understand expectations and ensure a cohesive distribution
- Monitor processes and streamlines when possible to improve
quality control and efficiency.
- Manage work prioritization to improve/maximize customer service
with a focus on priority customers.
- Oversee the utilization of technology to ensure most effective
routes are developed.
- Participates in ongoing development of distribution tools,
practices, and technology.
- Monitors applicable reporting to ensure compliance to company
SOPs and route adherence and provide feedback to field
- Monitors, assesses, and communicates performance and behavioral
incidents with direct reports and prepares and administers annual
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Knowledge in logistics management and DOT regulations
- Demonstrated business/financial acumen
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, able to motivate and develop
- Strong interpersonal skills - including persuasion & influence
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 years' experience in routing and delivery logistics
- 5+ years of Management experience
- Prior experience working with logistic software
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be able to pass
a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background check.
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nearest Major Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Manager, QC, Operations,
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Cleveland , Driver - Manager - Delivery Operations Support, Professions , Westlake, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!