Facilities Energy Engineer
Company: Akron Childrens Hospital
Posted on: February 16, 2020
About UsAkron Children's Hospital is one of the largest
independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the
best children's hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our
dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year
through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations
offering primary and specialty care.We are leading the way to
healthier futures for children and communities through expert
medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a
teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other
universities, we train new generations of pediatricians,
specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.OUR PROMISES
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reasonWe are seeking people who
are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients,
family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and
personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time. -Monday-Friday
The Energy Engineer oversees the organization's utilities through
the use and control of the building automation systems and
appropriate energy procurement strategies to ensure that all
facilities are managed and maintained in a safe and effective
1. Adds value as a key member of the facilities team; understands
complex building system configuration, operation and its
relationship to energy management for decreased downtime, increased
savings and improved facilities operations on a daily basis.
2. Provides direction, coaches, trains, develops, and supports
facilities staff (facility managers, construction engineers,
facilities technicians) in identifying daily energy and reliability
related operational improvements.
3. Oversees the daily operation of Building Automation System
(Metasys and Automated Logic), including all reporting and
4. Assists in troubleshooting faulty system and provides
recommendations for corrective actions.
5. Works in constant coordination with all entities at both on and
6. Establishes and monitors utility budgets and oversees bill
payment for all utilities throughout the organization.
7. Facilitates energy procurement strategies and manages all energy
procurement contracts for the organization.
8. Prepares, manages, and adheres to department and capital budgets
to maintain expenditure controls.
9. Performs energy audits and maintains use benchmarks utilizing
10. Assists in the review and development of organizational
projects and associated budgets to be performed by Facilities
Maintenance, Planning Design and Construction Staff and external
contractors to ensure appropriate energy management and control
strategies are appropriately budgeted, procured and
11. Works in constant coordination with the Facilities Maintenance
Operations Manager to provide accurate and timely data on system
management strategies to better support preventive and breakdown
12. Assist with commissioning, re-commissioning and continuous
commissioning of equipment, including but not limited to developing
performance testing plans for HVAC/R equipment.
13. Assist with establishing and reporting progress of energy
related goals and objectives.
14. Assists in the development and implementation of policies and
procedures that conform to all regulatory standards; meets with
staff to explain and facilitate methods and training to meet
15. Follows and enforces all code and regulatory agency (including
but not limited to: Joint Commission and CMS) regulations.
16. Local daily travel required, as needed.
17. Other duties as required.
1. Experience with building codes, Energy codes and standards
(IECC, ASHRAE, etc.) is required.
2. Functional working knowledge associated with HVAC/R, electrical,
mechanical, building automation and control systems as well as
system design and construction processes is required.
3. Experience with energy auditing and building commissioning is
4. Experience in Joint Commission and CMS regulatory bodies is
5. Experience working with all levels within an organization is
6. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
7. Strong communication, both verbal and written, required.
8. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required.
9. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint] or
similar software is required. Advanced level Excel skills
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field is
preferred. An emphasis on energy via education and/or experience is
2. Certification: Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or related certification is
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Valid driver's license required.
Full TimeFTE: 1.000000
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with
Disabilities. EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link
below to learn more:
Keywords: Akron Childrens Hospital, Cleveland , Facilities Energy Engineer, Professions , Stow, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!