Company: IMS Company
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Since 1949 IMS COMPANY has been a leading industrial distributor
and light manufacturer serving the injection molding segment of the
plastics industry. The Production Specialist performs mechanical
assembly on all production or custom items. Troubleshoot and repair
of any non-conforming equipment due to mechanical or assembly
issues. Perform plumbing and charging of all refrigeration units.
Assist with electrical assembly and prep work. Assist with
developing Bills of Materials, work instructions and routings for
new products. Performs programming on controllers and conveyors.
Perform final inspection and performance testing of all equipment.
Create and maintain cut lists for crating and packaging materials.
Cut wood and build crates for shipping equipment. Essential Duties
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools to precision
measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing
- Operate power saws, pneumatic nailers and staplers to cut and
- Measure parts to determine tolerances, using precision
measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, and
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine component parts
and assembly sequences of electromechanical units.
- Assemble parts or units, and position, align, and fasten units
to assemblies, subassemblies, or frames, using hand tools and power
- Drill, tap, ream, and countersink holes in parts, using drill
presses and portable power drills.
- File, lap, and buff parts to fit, using hand and power
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic
components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, and refrigeration
- Attach name plates and mark identifying information on
- Clean and lubricate parts and subassemblies, using grease guns
- Inspect, test, and adjust completed units to ensure that units
meet specifications, tolerances, and customer order
- Disassemble units to replace parts or to crate them for
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them,
checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as
- 3-5 years of experience assembling electro-mechanical
- Computers- working knowledge of office applications such as
Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience operating metal working equipment such as lathes,
mills and saws preferred.
- The ability to obtain a fork lift operator's license.
- The ability to read mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams and
Keywords: IMS Company, Cleveland , Production Specialist, Professions , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!