Underwriter IV - Commercial
Company: PNC Financial Services Group
Posted on: June 15, 2019
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive
advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering
the best experience for our customers. As an Underwriter IV within
PNC's Corporate & Institutional Bank - Diversified Industries, you
will manage a credit portfolio of clients in the energy (oil & gas)
industry. This position will be located in either Pittsburgh,
Cleveland or Houston.
- Works independently with little or no oversight. Exercises
exception and elevated approval authority. Prepares offerings for
all types of transactions at any level of complexity or in
management of a portfolio as assigned. Interacts with
internal/external customers. Provides recommendations for credit
structuring. Serves as subject matter expert for certain asset
classes. Serves as a coach, work lead and trainer for the
- Using independent judgment to identify risks and mitigants,
prepares offerings and/or scorecards, such as risk ratings, by
analyzing credit, collateral strength and financial worthiness of
loan/transaction parties. If relevant, performs ongoing credit risk
management for assigned portfolio. Coaches and/or reviews the work
of other underwriters and fills in for manager as required.
- Contacts internal/external customers and other parties as
appropriate to gather information and to clarify inconsistent,
incorrect or missing information. May perform relevant pre-approval
and post-approval activities.
- Identifies and/or confirms all external regulatory
requirements. Ensures internal policies/procedures are
- Makes recommendations on credit decisions or makes credit
decisions directly, as appropriate.
Core CompetenciesCustomer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs
and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business
decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating
customized customer solutions.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated
with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities
are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk
Job Specific CompetenciesOffice Support Tools - Working
- Knowledge of and ability to use office support tools available
at the desktop (for example: word processing, e-mail, presentation
software, and spreadsheets.)
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and
techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and
accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the
application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Coaching Others - Working Experience
- Knowledge of coaching concepts and methods; ability to
encourage, motivate, and guide individuals or teams in learning and
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making
process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and
reach productive decisions.
Managing Multiple Priorities - Extensive Experience
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects,
groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to
prioritizing and time allocation.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and
attention to detail; ability to process information with high
levels of accuracy.
Credit Analysis and Verification - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize tools, techniques and
practices for determining the credit-worthiness of an
Financial Analysis - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate
conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Knowledge of Underwriting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the full spectrum of underwriting activities,
practices, tools and considerations, and the ability to utilize
these to manage the underwriting process.
Operational Functions - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major functional processes and associated
operating requirements; ability to apply this knowledge
appropriately to diverse situations.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college
degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific
certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a
comparable combination of education and experience (including
military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons
regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or
other categories protected by law
Keywords: PNC Financial Services Group, Cleveland , Underwriter IV - Commercial, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!