Operations Tech I
Posted on: February 11, 2024
Operations Technician I
Location: Orrville, OH
What makes us great...
At the heart of our Company is a dedication to delivering energy
that drives progress.We put people first, work to keep them safe
and build trusting relationships.
What's in it For You...
- Competitive base salary
- Fantastic opportunities for career growth
- Cooperative, supportive and empowered team atmosphere
- Annual bonus and salary increase opportunities
- Monthly recognition events
- Endless wellness initiatives and community events
- Robust and customizable benefit packages-choose what works best
with your life. Options include generous 401k, medical, dental and
life insurance, tuition reimbursement, compensated volunteer hours
- Paid time off, holidays and a separate bank of sick time!
What you'll be working on...
- General installation, maintenance, and upkeep of company
facilities and equipment.
- Accurate reading and recording of meter consumption.
- Process disconnection of service for non-payments.
- Collection of overdue payments.
- Investigate leak complaints and take appropriate action to make
- Properly use and maintain gas detection equipment.
- Assist Operations Technicians II and III in performance of
- Deliver personal contact notification during winter
- Install remote read devices on meters.
- Understand PSC policies on termination of service and theft of
- Recognize potentially hazardous situations.
- Maintain company vehicle, tools and equipment.
- Assist with the Peak Shaving process.
- Knowledgeable of, support, promote and participate in the
Company's employee recognition program.
- Operate and maintain electric and natural gas powered
- Operate and maintain dehydration units.
- Maintain pipeline facilities and repair leaks when
- Coordinate work with other gas companies when their equipment
- Locate gas lines with electronic locating equipment when
- Must be available to respond to emergencies and gas leaks.
Who you are...
- Knowledgeable and understanding of customer needs, concerns and
- Excellent customer contact skills.
- Understand the basic principles of natural and propane gas and
gas utilizing equipment.
- Use of assigned tools and equipment to include Personal
Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Operator Qualifications for position.
- Conscientious work ethic.
- Ability to obtain a valid CDL Drivers License.
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- Outside in a construction setting or on a customers' premises
with minimal office time.
- Working around potentially hazardous/flammable substances and
- Must be able perform on call duties as assigned.
Chesapeake Utilities Corporation is an equal opportunity employer
committed to creating a diverse workforce and a culture that
promotes a sense of belonging for all employees. We consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with
a disability that need assistance applying for a position may email
firstname.lastname@example.org or Ruth Warner, Director, Human Resources
Operations at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Chesapeake, Cleveland , Operations Tech I, Other , Orrville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!