Quality Specialist 3 - 1st shift
Company: Henkel group
Posted on: September 19, 2023
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading
positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine
and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo,
join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our
teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire
industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage
through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our
trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive
solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new
paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led
businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where
you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable
Dare to make an impact?
- Perform standard quality control testing on incoming raw
materials, semi-finished goods and finished goods according to
defined instructions, procedures and methods. Testing includes
standard QC methods, including but not limited to viscosity, cure
speed/temperature, tensile lap shear performance, stability,
titrations, various analytical tests and others as needed.
- Perform testing and interpret results and perform batch
adjustments as required
- Perform and report calculations using basic arithmetic.
- Use MS Excel to chart results and use statistical analysis to
analyze and interpret data.
- Use SAP to record test data, enter usage decisions and enter
- File and maintain retain samples; dispose of old retain
- Review, write and ensure the accuracy of QC test methods.
- Participate in measuring system analysis testing, customer
audits and continuous improvement efforts
- Identify root causes for testing related out of specification
results. May be required to lead or be a team member on formal
problem-solving groups (5 Why's).
- Participate in customer complaint and nonconformance
investigations working with Product Development and technical
experts; identify and implement corrective actions and determine
- Complete, control and file quality records and/or documents as
directed by the department standard operating procedures.
- Maintain calibration program and records.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or a Bachelor
degree in relevant Science discipline or Associates degree with 2-5
years of Quality Laboratory Experience
- Knowledge and experience with ISO/IATF standards
- .3+ years of experience in manufacturing / chemical industry or
within the quality profession
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technically adept in QC testing of adhesive products while
consistently following test methods as written.
- Proven problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in laboratory
testing and equipment.
- PC proficiency, including Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, SAP
and various databases.
- Demonstrated excellent attendance and reliability.
- Flexibility to work overtime, extended shifts and/or other
shifts on occasion.
- Strong commitment to safety systems and OSHA required
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the
- Experience with Adhesives or sealants and coatings knowledge a
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or
employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are
considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee
for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited
referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be
invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these
cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and
All employees applying for an internal position must have a
discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job
posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee
from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender
identity and expression, and other legally protected
The salary for this role is $55,000 - $65,000. This is the range
that we in good faith anticipate relying on when setting wages for
this position. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted
range and this range. This salary range may also be modified in the
Keywords: Henkel group, Cleveland , Quality Specialist 3 - 1st shift, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!