Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Coordinator/Business Manager for the Dental Clinic is responsible for managing the day-to-day financial and operational activities of the School of Dental Medicine. This position serves as a liaison between various departments, faculty, staff, students, and external entities to ensure efficient operations and find solutions to diverse situations and problems.
1. Facilities, Maintenance, Safety, and Security:
- Serve as a liaison between the School of Dental Medicine, CBRE, and the Office of Safety Services.
- Prioritize and effectively communicate facility-related problems to the appropriate departments and supervisors.
- Manage building locks, keys, and card access systems for the School of Dental Medicine.
- Coordinate telephone repair, installation, and moving requests.
- Manage the day-to-day operation of VOIP systems and provide staff training on equipment usage.
2. Human Resources:
- Serve as the School of Dental Medicine HR Administrator.
- Audit and approve monthly online timesheets for staff, coordinating corrections when necessary.
- Process employee leave of absence and termination paperwork.
- Review and assess job descriptions for accuracy and necessity.
- Coordinate payroll discrepancy resolution and additional pay requests for faculty.
- Provide guidance to faculty and staff regarding university policies for time off, overtime, and compensation.
- Supervise student employees and ensure accurate time entry and approval.
- Reconcile monthly expense statements for various funds and accounts.
- Monitor statements for irregularities, errors, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Maintain records required for expense statement reconciliation.
- Audit clinical lab bills and process payment requests.
- Manage department procurement card orders and reconciliations.
4. Training and Coordination:
- Coordinate training of new personnel on relevant systems.
- Follow up on inquiries regarding purchase requisitions and orders.
- Serve as backup approver for purchase requisitions and payment requests.
5. Administrative Duties:
- Prepare bank deposits and journal entries.
- Maintain faculty contract database and submit necessary forms.
- Maintain dental benefits database and provide monthly reports.
- Supervise student employees within the Finance and Operations department.
- Experience: 5 or more years of relevant experience, preferably with accounting and knowledge of grant regulations.
- Education: High school education required, Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
1. Ability to handle highly confidential information and update personnel records.
2. Strong interpersonal skills, using independent judgment, diplomacy, and tact.
3. Organized and capable of working with minimal supervision.
4. Proficient in computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with PeopleSoft or other accounting software is beneficial.
5. Excellent attendance record and ability to interact effectively face-to-face with colleagues, supervisors, and customers.
As part of our promise to talent, Kelly supports those who work with us through a variety of benefits, perks, and work-related resources. Kelly offers eligible employees voluntary benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, telemedicine, term life, whole life, accident insurance, critical illness, a legal plan, and short-term disability. As a Kelly employee, you will have access to a retirement savings plan, service bonus and holiday pay plans (earn up to eight paid holidays per benefit year), and a transit spending account. In addition, employees are entitled to earn paid sick leave under the applicable state or local plan. Click for more information on benefits and perks that may be available to you as a member of the Kelly Talent Community.
You should know: Your safety matters! Visit the for the latest information, policies, and frequently asked questions.
Trust the office staffing pioneer. Finding the right job isn't always easy. Kelly - Professional & Industrial takes the guesswork out of your job search by connecting you with great opportunities that work for you. That means your schedule, your interests, and your career plan. In fact, our company created the staffing industry with the goal of connecting people with great office jobs-so you could say we're pretty good at it!
About Kelly Work changes everything. And at Kelly, we're obsessed with where it can take you. To us, it's about more than simply accepting your next job opportunity. It's the fuel that powers every next step of your life. It's the ripple effect that changes and improves everything for your family, your community, and the world. Which is why, here at Kelly, we are dedicated to providing you with limitless opportunities to enrich your life-just ask the 300,000 people we employ each year.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center.
Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.
Keywords: Kelly, Cleveland , Business Coordinator, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
here to apply!