MW Class II Roadway Trainee
Company: Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission
Posted on: May 26, 2023
The Diversity and Inclusion Training and Development Program is a
new training mechanism for the entry level position of MW Class II
Roadway in the Maintenance Department. The program is designed to
provide and include diverse and underrepresented individuals an
opportunity to learn skills, gain knowledge and increase their
abilities to potentially become permanent Commission employees. We
are seeking diverse individuals and those from underrepresented
groups to be a part of our new program.If you are interested,
here's what we can offer you:
- Salary $23.87 per hour
- Excellent pension, and health care benefits
- Generous paid leaves and holidays
- Work boot stipend
- Growth and advancement
- Potential for permanent placement and career
Examples of Duties
- Participates in the OTIC Diversity and Inclusion Training
Development Program with potential graduation into a full-time OTIC
Roadway Maintenance Worker.
- Receives Commercial Driver's License (CDL) permit and licensure
- Assigned daily duties in the operation of vehicles and
- Will receive on the job training and perform labor in the areas
- Repair and maintenance of turnpike facilities including
concrete and asphalt roadway, drainage, mowing, guardrail and
fences, roadway and bridges, snow and ice removal, equipment
preparation, service plaza pavement, access roads, toll plaza ramps
- Paint buildings, facilities and equipment
- Janitor duties
- Clean right of way and toll plaza lanes and building
- Pavement removal and replacement
- Respond to emergencies, accident scenes, disabled vehicles,
surface spills and other incidents
- Erect traffic control and serve as a flagman
- Communicate information to/from supervision and the radio room
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned
- High School Diploma or GED, formal education in arithmetic,
reading, writing, and speaking common English vocabulary.
- Valid Class "D" Ohio Driver License.
- Ability to learn and be able to secure Class "A" Commercial
Driver's License (CDL) with Tanker Endorsement within two (2) years
of the date of hire.
- Knowledge of highway/building maintenance practices and
procedures; safety practices and procedures.*
- Skilled in the operation and use of a variety of construction
tools and equipment including loader, dozer, hand and garden tools,
saws, mowers, jackhammers, trucks, asphalt paver, etc.*
- Possess the ability to perform the duties that are necessary
for snow and ice control operations.*
- Ability to construct projects with building materials (e.g.,
wood, concrete, asphalt, steel, etc.).*
- Traffic control*, communications*, safety equipment.*
- Work alone.
- Stand, walk, or bend continuously.
- Lift and carry 40 pounds frequently and 80 pounds occasionally.
(*) Developed after employment
**Must sign an agreement, which includes a two-year commitment, to
participate in the program.**Work Location: Applicants must
designate preferred work locations on application. Locations for
consideration include the following Maintenance Buildings from West
to East:Western Division Maintenance Buildings Kunkle Maintenance
Building (MB1)- Pioneer, OH Milepost 16.0 Swanton Maintenance
Building (MB2)- Swanton, OH Milepost 48.3 Elmore Maintenance
Building (MB3)- Elmore, OH Milepost 79.7 Castalia Maintenance
Building (MB4)- Castalia, OH Milepost 106.7 Eastern Division
Maintenance Buildings Amherst Maintenance Building (MB5)- Amherst,
OH Milepost 141.0 Boston Maintenance Building (MB6)- Richfield, OH
Milepost 173.9 Hiram Maintenance Building (MB7)- Windham, OH
Milepost 198.6 Canfield Maintenance Building (MB8)- Canfield, OH
Keywords: Ohio Turnpike and Infrastructure Commission, Cleveland , MW Class II Roadway Trainee, Other , Berea, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...