Lead Cloud Engineer - Remote
Company: Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Eaton's Information Technology Division is currently seeking a
Lead Cloud Engineer to join our team. This position is based at any
U.S. Eaton facility or from a remote home office in the United
The primary responsibility is to design, construct, deliver, and
maintain infrastructure solutions to address business and technical
requirements, leveraging industry and standards-based engineering
principles and patterns.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
- Designs technical solutions and collaborates with development
teams to convert customer requirements into technical code or
- Develops and promotes infrastructure technology standards
through automation and service-based development.
- Works with cross-functional resources to build solid solution
designs that satisfy business objectives through continuous
- Ensures requirements are met and any design risks are
- Document and drive issues through resolution, escalating to
customers, suppliers, and IT management as necessary.
- Projects are typically limited in the scope of a
- Administration of Public Cloud environments Enabling
- Prepares detailed design documents for Infrastructure
- Analyzes design and executes coding, programming, and
integration activities required, based on general objectives and
knowledge of overall architecture of product or solution.
- Design processes and documentation guidelines for product
- Participate in the design and management of technical
environments. Solution Design:
- Create functional design for deliverables assigned for a
product as a full stack engineer.
- Collaborate with developers, business analysts and business
customers across functional areas to identify and design
- Participate with Product team in design, documentation,
development, production rollout and support.
- Provide technical consultation in new systems integration, new
package evaluations, and linking of existing systems; participate
in structured walkthroughs and technical reviews.
- Identify process improvement areas and develop future business
- Assist in defining the UAT scenarios for complex technical
- Review technical infrastructure design and solutions provided
by other solution designers and developers. Development:
- Engages in development, design and testing and documentation of
WRICE (workflow, reports, interfaces, conversions and extensions)
- Performs review of team deliverables. Makes recommendations to
- Suggests and builds re-usable components
- Looks for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Interacts with solution delivery teams to approve and manage
necessary change control operations When we embrace the different
ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we
- as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associate's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years' experience in information technology
- Minimum 2 years of public cloud administration experience
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e., 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company
sponsorship. Preferred Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of public cloud administrative experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
from an accredited institution Position Criteria:
- Strong proficiency in English language (written and
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, ability to
communicate them clearly to management
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technologies
and apply them to business needs
- Ability to effectively work in a global team
- Excellent relationship management skills to closely interact
with various business constituents
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple
activities/projects across regions and time zones
- Ability to effectively drive results
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with
- Process development, implementation, and continuous improvement
- Self-starter with the ability to independently resolve issues
and deliver results
- Detailed oriented. What you'll get from us:
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico) Eaton provides a
competitive total rewards package commensurate with applicable
skills, knowledge, and experience and consistent with internal and
external market practices. The annual salary range for this role is
$101,250 - $160,000 a year.
At Eaton, we know that good benefit plans are important to
employees and their families. In addition to a competitive base
salary, Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well
as Retirement benefits. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits
at a Glance.
Keywords: Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies, Cleveland , Lead Cloud Engineer - Remote, Other , Beachwood, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...