Sourcing Specialist - Raw Materials
Company: Tremco Incorporated
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Sourcing Specialist is accountable to negotiate various
commercial aspects of material supply agreements for the Roofing
Building Maintenance Division. In collaboration with Roofing Supply
Chain members, this person ensures the consistent, reliable
sourcing and availability of raw materials needed to support
Roofing Operations' plans while aligning with strategic goals and
initiatives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: List the job's
essential or most important functions and responsibilities. Include
all important aspects of the job -- whether performed daily,
weekly, monthly, or annually; and any that occur at irregular
- Researches commodities markets, sources and cultivates a list
of suppliers, negotiates and executes Supply Agreements, and
maintains effective business relationships with key suppliers.
- Acts as first point of contact and problem resolution for
supplier issues and concerns regarding service level
- Communicates Tremco procurement policies and performance
metrics (quality standards, on time delivery, NAFTA certification,
import documentation, supplier audits, etc.), and takes action to
negotiate claims and secure concessions in the event of
- Ensures that necessary documentation (purchase orders,
invoices) are appropriately verified and authorized, and follows up
to resolve discrepancies.
- Maintains financial records (current costs, price standards)
and forecasts commodities trends in support of near and long-term
production plans and budgeting requirements.
- Provides accurate, up-to-date information to the Roofing Supply
Chain team for defined commodities (raw materials, packaging, etc.)
on quantity, quality, and availability, to support production
planning necessary to meet sales/operational objectives.
- Collaborates with cross functional groups to identify new, and
sometimes non-traditional opportunities
- Serves as the main product sourcing liaison between Tremco and
other RPM subsidiary organizations to identify and review new
mutually beneficial opportunities.
- Works with the RPM Center Led Procurement Organization on cost
reduction opportunities as well as reviewing RPM landscape for
- Is aware of and ensures that own and other's actions are in
alignment with Tremco's OHS&E procedures and protocols and
RPM's code of conduct policies. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Keywords: Tremco Incorporated, Cleveland , Sourcing Specialist - Raw Materials, Other , Beachwood, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!