PVC Formulation Chemist
Company: Associated Materials
Location: West Salem
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Associated Materials, is the parent company for leading residential
building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Alpine and
Preservation. With a legacy of over 75 years in business, we
create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful
siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American
company-owned distributors.Headquartered in Cuyahoga Falls, OH,
Associated Materials has over 4000 employees across its U.S. and
Canadian manufacturing footprint and our extensive North American
distribution center network (120+ locations!). We are a charter
member of the Vinyl Siding Institute, the American Association of
Architects, the National Association of Home Builders, and the
National Association of the Remodeling Industry.This combination of
established brand recognition, manufacturing capacity and
distribution reach makes for an exciting and rewarding employment
value proposition. Join us, and discover the next step in your
This position uses professional concepts to advance current PVC
composite formulations to support a fast-growing new market for
composite cladding and accessories to achieve objectives in
creative and effective ways. The ideal incumbent will have
demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific
creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought. You
will work on complex components and processes in which analysis of
data requires an evaluation of intangible variables. Must provide
R&D support for AM which includes new product selection, new
product sourcing strategy, intellectual property strategy, product
development, analytical development, process improvement, and
- Responsible for advancing PVC composite formulation technology
to manufacture composite claddings used in exterior siding building
products market segment.
- Design and execute the pre-formulation, formulation, and
compatibility studies to support the development of Associated
Materials composite product development pipeline of new
- Provide technical leadership in developing formulations with a
focus on performance improvement, cost savings and creating product
resistant to climate changes.
- Effectively interface and collaborate with cross-functional
teams to execute the studies required to advance the Company's
product development pipeline.
- Duties will include design of composite formulations,
evaluation of data, recommendations on strategy, and authoring
- Participate in finding solutions to complex and unusual
formulation and processing problems.
- Perform material testing of samples on typical R&D lab
equipment (Plasticorder, lab twin screw extruder, 2 roll mill,
muffle furnace etc.)
- Support composite materials R&D lab work, DOE's, and
validation testing, generate R&D reports and present findings
- Ability to identify and implement cost savings
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science with a
minimum 4 years of Vinyl industry experience or composite extrusion
is required. Advanced Master's degree is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to design and execute research plans
culminating in successfully manufactured process formulation mixing
taking products from raw materials to finished products is
- Experience in compound process, packing and extrusion is
- Work objectively with cross-functional teams and staff,
focusing on the issues is key to managing and preventing
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage multiple projects,
adhere to strict timelines and solve problems creatively when
problems arise be they scientific or managerial.
- Vinyl Siding or building product experience in product
development is a plus.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the
- Self-starter and acts with minimal direction.
- Strong organizational skills, proficient with Microsoft Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with statistical analysis and continuous improvement
methodologies a plus.
- Knowledge of how to set up and execute DOEs for PVC
formulations a plus.#LI-KS1#AM-WestSalemPlant
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials,
Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept
unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with
any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any
unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be
considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge
whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority
to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding
recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at
Keywords: Associated Materials, Cleveland , PVC Formulation Chemist, Other , West Salem, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!