Therapist - Residential Services
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Where New Paths Begin
Recovery is possible with OhioGuidestone. A leader in the field of
behavioral health with a history dating back to 1864, we address
the needs of the whole person, helping them reset their paths,
reclaim their autonomy and restore their purpose. OhioGuidestone
connects individuals with the resources needed to achieve lifelong
success, providing community counseling, substance use disorder
treatment, workforce development training, early childhood mental
health services, psychiatric care and more.
Be the Difference! Be the Solution! Be Where New Paths Begin!
Our Residential Treatment Center is seeking a passionate and
empathic therapist to serve Children with diverse mental health
diagnoses. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in
providing individual and family counseling in a residential
setting. This candidate will also have the opportunity to
This role is a full-time Therapist position whose duty is providing
direct support to a facility's residents. Their goal will be to
develop a therapeutic relationship with each client by providing
individual, group or family therapy and be available for clinical
consultation and crisis intervention as needed.
Individual Therapy Services
* Provides intensive, individualized psychotherapy.
* Supports residents to address social-emotional goals through a
trauma informed lens.
* Implements a variety of creative interventions to meet the
residents' therapeutic needs.
Family Therapy Services
* Engages families in therapy.
* Develops goals with each family to strengthen family
* Helps families establish routines and experiences that supports
reunification and/or transition.
* Provide psychoeducation, as necessary.
Group Therapy Services
* Lead or co-facilitate day treatment groups that facilitate coping
strategies and relationship building with other residents.
* Develop creative group curriculum and programing to meet the
presenting needs of the residents.
Other Essential Functions
* Maintain consistent communication with parents and external
providers and help manage daily logistics of the resident.
* Maintains ongoing frequent contact with agency case manager
assigned or with client's parents if case manager is not assigned
to keep all parties updated on progress. Provides minor CPST
function if case manager is not assigned.
* Assumes a strong advocacy role for clients and makes
recommendations for clinical and support services needed upon
* Complete and maintain treatment plans, progress notes,
communication logs, and other required paperwork within required
* Communicate with direct supervisor around problem solving issues
and reflect on clinical work.
* Actively participate with clinical, medical, and operational
teams to support the therapeutic needs of the residents.
* Collaborate with educators to understand and support resident's
social-emotional needs within the academic environment.
* Assumes a leadership role in the interpretation and support of
* Meets and sustains the OhioGuidestone designated productivity
standard. Maintains minimum productivity level face to face
contacts based on hours worked.
* Participates in agency and community meetings.
* Attends conferences and workshops to maintain professional
competence. Provides in-service training as requested.
* May be involved in the planning, organization, and implementation
of special events or department specific projects or seasonal
* Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
* Exhibits positivity, flexibility, and a willingness to take on
new responsibilities as requested or required.
* Demonstrates positive leadership, promote a team-based work
environment, and present the Agency in the most positive light with
all internal and external contacts.
* Must adhere to all Our Promise Values and Guiding Principles.
* Ability to physically restrain clients whose ages, heights and
weights vary up to 300 lbs.
* Ability to correctly utilize PAARR and PAARR physical techniques
* Ability to maintain active status in all required certifications
and trainings as required by the agency.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
* Ability to interact verbally with coworkers and representative
from outside agencies.
* Demonstrate the ability to read, write, and speak clearly and
accurately in the English language at a professional level.
* Function as a reliable and dependable staff member.
* Experience and competence in a variety of therapeutic
* Ability to model a strong clinical perspective for staff and
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
* Work is performed primarily in an office environment within the
Residential Treatment Center at various locations within the
* Work consists of walking, bending, stooping, ascending/descending
stairs, and remaining in a stationary position 50% of the time.
* Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal
and written; ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
to individuals at all levels.
* Organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Works flexible hours and is available for crisis management by
phone which will include both evenings and weekends.
* Minimum educational level is a master's degree in social work or
related training in psychology or counseling with an Ohio LSW or
* Trauma informed clinical experience.
* 3 years of experience post. LISW or LPCC is preferred.
* Clinical experience with SED children required.
* Must have a valid Ohio Driver's License with a safe driving
record and valid insurance.
* Ability to take and pass a physical exam, tuberculosis test and
* Employment is contingent upon clear results of a thorough
At OhioGuidestone we care about the health and safety of our
employees. OhioGuidestone requires applicants to complete a
pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an offer of
employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint
background screening, physical, Tuberculosis test, and drug screen
after an employment offer is made. Any employment offer is
contingent upon receipt of all satisfactory pre-employment
screenings. Committed to creating a more diverse community, we
encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to
apply. EEO/M/F/H/V IND1
Keywords: OhioGuidestone, Cleveland , Therapist - Residential Services, Other , Berea, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!