Fitness Service Associate
Company: Jewish Community Center of Cleveland
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Description Role and ResponsibilitiesThe Fitness Service
Associate is responsible for providing excellent customer service
including monitoring the safety and cleanliness of all areas.
Specific ResponsibilitiesEssential Functions
- Provides excellent customer service and exhibits a positive
work attitude. Greet and engage all members cordially and by name
whenever possible. Remain visible and accessible to members and
visitors while on duty to answer questions.
- Works collaboratively with FWR staff and management team to
solve customer services issues.
- Continually monitor area for safety, cleanliness, and general
- Cleans areas as required and wears proper protection when
cleaning and handling food and providing first aid care.
- Reviews and understands information included in the Agency
manual and FWR hiring packet.
- Knowledgeable of on daily, weekly and monthly programs and
activities in order to answer customer questions in person and/or
over the phone.
- Ensure that all service supplies and amenities are available
and fully operational during work hours. Keep locker rooms clean
and well stocked for member use.
- Ensure that towels are cleaned, folded, and are available to
members on an ongoing basis.
- Confirm all persons entering FWR area or Club J locker rooms
have the proper membership access cards.
- Attends meetings and special events as requested by
- Administer emergency care to members and guests in need of
- Work as a TEAM with all other departments
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
- Ensure the highest quality of programs and services and possess
a working knowledge of agency programs and services.
- Represent the Agency and provide the highest quality of
customer service to the individuals and groups with whom you come
- Treat fellow staff with respect.
- Upholds the professional standards of his/her field and always
acts in a manner that is consistent with the best interests of The
J and will protect and enhance its reputation and standing in the
- Adheres to The J's code of ethics and avoids any real or
perceived conflicts of interest.
- Shows respect for co-workers and members and an understanding
of and appreciation for the diversity of the Agency's staff,
members, and audiences.
- Aspires to excellence in all aspects of his/her work and serves
as a model for others.
- Be knowledgeable about all programs and activities offered by
- Promote club services and activities
- Assist with keeping the club well stocked and clean
- Attend MJCC meetings and trainings
- Handle injury and illness and security incident
reportingQualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent Previous health club personal
training experience is a plus.
- One to two years of customer service experience.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours including evenings or
weekends as scheduled.
- Strong interpersonal skills including patience, positive
attitude and enthusiasm.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and highly responsive with a
commitment to customer service
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Basic computer skills, customer service skills, results
oriented, ability to multitask, and commitment to the fitness
- AED/CPR/First Aid Certified
- Proof of citizenship or legal status
- Physical and Working Conditions
- Ability to take the responsibility for the health and safety of
- Ability to stand for several hours in a same shift; ability to
lift 45 lbs
- Must be able to stand, bend, lift and walk for extended periods
- Fitness club environment
- Must follow OSHA and MJCC safety standards
Keywords: Jewish Community Center of Cleveland, Cleveland , Fitness Service Associate, Other , Beachwood, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!