Histotech - Mohs Tech
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 16, 2022
- Opens lab for daily operation; checks temperatures, all
equipment, machines and documents accordingly.
- Prepares all solutions, fixatives, and stains.
- Prepares specimens for embedding, embeds specimens, sections
frozen specimens using the Cryostat microtome.
- Mounts and labels the prepared microscopic slides and stain
- Maintains quality control records of equipment, instruments,
procedures and slide photo library on all patients.
- Performs daily cleaning and weekly maintenance, calibration and
troubleshooting as scheduled and as needed on the Cryostat
microtome, Stainer, and all other instruments.
- Notifies the Supervisor of all malfunctioning equipment and
needed supplies. Education:
- High School Diploma or GED. Certifications:
- Licensed histotechnologist or Mohs Technician is preferred but
not required. Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills,
decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment. Work
- A minimum of one year of Histology, Mohs or relevant laboratory
experience is required.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in the histology techniques
of staining, tissue sectioning, fixation, and embedding. Physical
- Ability to safely handle hazardous materials to which one may
- Manual dexterity required to handle equipment and tissue
- Good hand and eye coordination and visual acuity required.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.Provides histotechnology support to a
fellowship trained (American College of MOHS Micrographic Surgery)
MOHS surgeon. Accurately prepares and processes histologic
specimens for microscopic evaluation and review by the Mohs
Surgeon. Completes operation of the lab according to all standards
set forth by OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory agencies. Identifies
and implements any new regulatory agency standards and communicates
information to Supervisor.
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , Histotech - Mohs Tech, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!