RN Hospital Birthing Center
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
This position is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment
Cleveland Clinic is always creating new ways to support our
caregivers, because we believe in caring for you both personally
and professionally. We are proud to invite our registered nurses to
participate in our new student loan repayment program. This program
is available for select RN jobs at all U.S. Cleveland Clinic
The RN selected for this position will be eligible for tuition
reimbursement, relocation assistance, and student loan repayment as
a part of our many offerings to invest in your health, well-being
and future. Apply today and be comforted in knowing you have the
stability and security you need to practice amazing medicine while
moving forward in your career.
Program Offering Overview
For full-time nurses: up to $437.50 per month/lifetime maximum
program benefit of $15,750
For part-time nurses: up to $218.75 per month/lifetime maximum
program benefit of $7,500
* Additional details may apply
* Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
Implements and monitors patient care plans.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
* Monitors and documents patient's condition and effectiveness and
timeliness of care and/or interventions.
* Evaluates, updates and revises plan of care to facilitate
achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
* Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance
with approved nursing protocol.
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
* Assesses educational needs of the patient and significant others
considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
* Provides teaching and educational material as appropriate.
* Validates and documents patient and family understanding of
* Maintains professional growth and development through ongoing
formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. BSN
* Current state licensure as Registered Nurse (RN).
* Proof of Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart
Association (AHA) must be presented upon hire.
* If in a Critical Care area an Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) through American Heart Association (AHA) Certification must
be presented upon hire or within first year of employment.
* Within one year of hire RNs in Children's Hospital and Children's
Hospital for Rehabilitation will achieve and maintain Pediatric
Advanced Life Support (PALS) through American Heart Association
(AHA) with the exception of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit RNs
who must achieve and maintain Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
through American Heart Association (AHA) provider status and RNs in
the Special Delivery Unit, who must achieve and maintain Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) through American Heart Association
* ONS Chemo/Bio course complete within 1 year of employment if
employed on units inpatient and/or outpatient where chemo is
* If in an Adult/Combined EDs, ACLS upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* If in an ED, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) through
American Heart Association (AHA) upon hire or within one year of
beginning work in the Emergency Department.
* In Dedicated Trauma Centers, Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC -
adult) or Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC - pediatric) upon
hire or within 24 months of beginning work in the Emergency
* Vascular Access Registered Nurse (VARN) program attendance
required and obtains either a Certified Registered Nurse Infusion
(CRNI) or Vascular Access Board Certified (VA-BC) certification
upon hire or within a year of hire in Peripherally Inserted Central
Catheter (PICC) areas.
* Any registered nurse or advanced practice nurse must obtain a
cancer specific certification or demonstrate ongoing qualifying
education within the timeframe of the facilities accreditation
cycle, if they work in medical oncology, radiation oncology, cancer
center or cancer clinic and/or administer chemotherapy within an
accredited Cleveland Clinic facility.
Complexity of Work:
* Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
* Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience in a hospital
setting required for acute care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or skilled
nursing facility (SNF) experience required for SNF care
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or rehab
experience required for rehab care settings.
* Minimum one year current acute care RN experience and/or
Emergency Department (ED) experience required for ED settings.
* Will consider licensed military RN experience.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting
patient, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time.
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
* Requires working under stressful conditions and irregular
* Exposure to communicable diseases and/or body fluids.
* Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light
Personal Protective Equipment:
* Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Cleveland Clinic Health System administers an influenza prevention
program as well as a COVID-19 vaccine program. You will be required
to comply with both programs, which will include obtaining an
influenza vaccination, COVID-19 vaccination, or an exemption.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , RN Hospital Birthing Center, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!