PRIMARY OPERATOR - LVL4 (Solon, OH, US, 44139)
Company: Swagelok Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Shift: -3rd shift - Facility: -(Alfred) 29500 Ambina Dr., Solon
OH 44139 - Salary Grade: -Hourly G (G) - Req ID: -[[id]] -
Swagelok, Northeast Ohio, USA Position Summary: At this level the
associate is proficient in all aspects of the process. They are
able to solve most non-routine process problems. The associate at
this level has a greater awareness of the overall business and is
able to recognize the need for and escalate process improvements to
standard work that reduce cost and/or improve quality and delivery.
They may interact with associates in other functional areas and can
oversee and assist with department development. Essential Duties &
- Capable of completing set-up operation and troubleshooting of
equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform start-stop procedures including, but not limited to: -
machine and conveyor start-up, loading of raw material, and machine
- Perform simple and advanced changes, adjustments, and set-up to
tooling and fixtures.
- Complete records and forms.
- Check machined parts visually and dimensionally according to
- Clean chips from tooling and parts.
- Recognize and escalate machine malfunctions and part
- Preset tooling as required.
- Set-up parts, process and machine as required.
- Perform preventative machine maintenance.
- Generate and modify speeds and feeds as required.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems for set-up, non-conformance,
tooling and machining processes.
- Diagnose and respond to program alarms and make adjustments as
- Make suggestions for process changes that may improve machining
- Make suggestions for schedule optimization / attainment.
- Able to train others to improve their skillset.
- Generate and modify part programs as required.
- Repair, replace and/or modify the equipment if required.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements: Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge about the products, processes and
- Self-motivated and able to learn at a fast pace.
- Demonstrates proficient machining, communication, and
- Operate Machining equipment that includes; loading and
unloading parts, inspection gages, comparator, micrometers,
calipers, 6" rule, dial indicator, ring gages, drill/reamer,
Johnson gages and Datum gages, magnifier and lights, miscellaneous
hand tools and chip strippers. -
- Identifies and corrects machining problems relative to tools
and tool holders, collets and chucks.
- Ability to identify and rectify minor mechanical equipment
malfunctions. Critical Competencies: Customer Focus ---Direct and
assist others in getting required support work completed in a
timely manner ---Independently display prioritization skills
---Understand and anticipate the internal customers' needs and
initiate action to meet them ---Meeting customer needs is their
driver Reliability and Integrity ---Drives improvements and helps
others make a positive impact on quality and plant metrics ---Along
with providing it themselves, encourages others to provide reliable
information ---Acts as a direct liaison with product, process and
quality Engineers to ensure appropriate application of technology
---Supports organizational changes positively through actions and
words Flexibility ---Always willing to be flexible in their
schedule ---Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
---Open to taking on new challenges ---Can easily be interrupted or
redirected to a new task, or site based on Swagelok's needs ---Has
useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability Teamwork
---Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging
others and making them feel valued and important ---Facilitates
Root Cause analysis effort for equipment reliability ---Facilitate
Shift Start up and departmental meetings ---Promotes group
reputation in a positive manner ---Effectively coordinates
resources to achieve ZCD Communication ---Communicates well with
all different levels in the organization (shop floor, office,
engineering, supervisors, managers, directors, lean leaders, etc.)
---Promotes own ideas and information with others ---Drill-down to
root cause in all work order solutions ---Communicate through
appropriate escalation channels when required ---Is a voice for
Quality and will take time to explain theories and philosophies
---Receives input from others Accountability ---Drives team goals
and results ---Takes ownership of the actions and results of the
team as a whole ---Coordinate, communicate, and execute in the
absence of supervision ---Control emotions and reactions according
to the situation and the audience ---Provides accurate and detailed
documentation including the use of SIS ---Provides feedback to
Supervision and guidance for other specialists in training Working
Conditions and/or Physical Requirements: ---Ability to safely and
successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with
the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards,
including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity
standards. ---Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance
consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
standards. ---May be required to pass pre-employment and annual
Vision Acuity tests ---Must be able to lift Kegs and Boxes on a
regular basis between 25 - 35 pounds and occasionally between 35 -
50 pounds. Considerable standing, stooping and bending is required.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. - Applicants are selected without regard to race,
ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age,
national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008. This job summary is
intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this
position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an
express or implied contract of employment. Swagelok is an at-will
employer, which means that either party is free to terminate the
employment relationship at any time, without any advanced notice,
for any reason or no reason.
Keywords: Swagelok Company, Cleveland , PRIMARY OPERATOR - LVL4 (Solon, OH, US, 44139), Other , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!