Company: nVent Electric Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
nVent is a $2.1 billion, high-performance electrical company with a
dedicated team of 9,000 people and trusted brands such as CADDY,
ERICO, HOFFMAN, RAYCHEM, LENTON, ERIFLEX, SCHROFF and TRACER. Known
for innovation, quality and reliability, our products connect and
protect, consistently delivering value to industrial, commercial,
residential, energy and infrastructure customers.
While our name may be new, our products have set the standards for
quality for more than a century. Today as nVent, we are focused and
forward-looking, ready to build upon our legacy. The future is
Business Segment Overview
Electrical & Fastening Solutions Overview
At nVent, we know that electrical systems are only as secure as the
components used to fix, fasten and mount cable and wire systems.
That's why the people in our Electrical & Fastening Solutions
segment are responsible for engineering more than 100 patents.
As electrical systems become more complex, nVent's fastening
experts focus on keeping things simple for the customer. Besides
superior technical performance, our nVent CADDY and nVent ERICO
brands of fasteners are designed for easy and intuitive
Behind the scenes: With more than 100 million connections installed
globally, ERICO CADWELD has set the industry standard in exothermic
welding since 1939.
In this position, you will be hands on in using machines to create
our products. By interfacing with control panels or manually
adjusting machine components, you will produce and ensure quality
standards for a variety of parts. You will have the opportunity to
develop skillsets to help establish and grow your machining career
by cross training and learning a variety of different machine types
to support the needs of the business.
Key role responsibilities
* Operate machinery and move materials to produce a product or
component based on pre-set programs or settings
* Performs basic process changeovers on machine
* Interface with machines to adjust settings or tools and ensure
safe, efficient, and high quality production
* Completes work based on specifications, drawings, job routings,
and/or Work Instructions.
* Utilizes gages and measuring equipment to ensure products meet
* Maintains equipment and materials necessary to complete the
* Meets established safety, quality, performance standards to
ensure production schedules are met.
* Records accurate information on Manufacturing Order, Quality
Check Sheets, and other paperwork. Performs transactions necessary
to maintain accurate records and inventory balances.
* Complies with all applicable safety procedures, quality
specifications, and 5S Standards. Reports adverse conditions,
non-conforming products/procedures, and 5S violations to department
leader in accordance to escalation procedure.
* Adheres to department 5S standards daily. Maintains a clean,
safe, and organized work area.
* In accordance with escalation procedure, notifies team leader or
other appropriate resource when problems arise concerning safety,
quality, equipment, operations, materials, inventory,
* Demonstrates flexibility by performing rotational assignments as
needed. Participates actively as a team member through continuous
improvement activities to meet customer needs.
At nVent, we believe in an agile and flexible workforce. Machine
Operator I may have the opportunity to, or be asked to, work in
multiple areas of the business.
Areas may include, but are not limited to:
* Raw Materials saw
* Busbar Machine
* Cable Winding, Extruding and Respooling Machines
* Additional Auxiliary Machines
Qualifications and Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 0-2 years Manufacturing or Machine Operation work experience.
* Mechanical aptitude and mathematical competencies
* Bend, squat down, and reach above your head
* Climb stairs and ladders
* Lift and carry at least 25 pounds
* Work in confined spaces
* Ability to work in a fast-paced; multi-tasking environment and
meet operational deadlines.
* Identify and escalate non-conforming process, product, or
* Ability to work with a team as a part of an agile and flexible
* Effective verbal and written communication
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive
electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion
and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other's
authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks
Keywords: nVent Electric Inc., Cleveland , Machine Operator, Other , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!