RN Emergency Department 7p-7a FT
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 23, 2021
ONA Bidding Period: 10/21/21-10/28/21Under the direction of the
Director or designee, the RN, Emergency Department is accountable
for delivery of cost effective, quality patient care, utilizing
case management principles, the nursing process and knowledge from
various health care disciplines. The RN, Emergency Department is
responsible for providing nursing care to adult and sometimes
adolescent patients based on established standards of nursing care,
by managing assigned personnel and by collaborating with members of
other health care disciplines. As expected for all employees, the
RN, Emergency Department is responsible for promoting and
demonstrating the nursing caring standards and guest relations
standards in the fulfillment of the role.
- Completes Emergency Department Assessment Data Base upon
patient arrival, inclusive of psychosocial, educational and age
specific needs of patient/family.
- Completes ongoing assessment according to departmental/unit
policies and recognizes significant changes in patient
- Initiates an individualized plan of care based on assessment of
patient needs and Emergency Department standards of care.
- Includes plan for appropriate teaching for patient/family.
- Reviews individualized plan of care and goals with
- Reviews and documents care and discharge goals with physician
- Maintains a safe, comfortable environment for patients.
- Accurately administers and documents IVs and medications
according to established standards of care and policies and
- Appropriately intervenes when changes in patient condition
- Provides individualized and timely interventions in accordance
with age specific needs and Department of Nursing/hospital
- Accurately documents nursing interventions and patient
responses, in accordance with policy.
- Serves as patient/family advocate to facilitate patient care,
communication, and resolution of problems and ethical
- Evaluates current interventions and responses to plan of
- Evaluates and modifies plan of care as necessary, based on
assessment by other disciplines and of the patient response to
nursing interventions and established age specific standards of
care/expected patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates flexibility in providing care as individual
patient care and unit needs change.
- Establishes priorities for delivery of patient care to
individual patients and for assigned group of patients.
- Collaborates with other health care team members to coordinate
medical and nursing management of patient care.
- Participates in and documents discharge planning.
- Demonstrates familiarity of unit-based and hospital QI
activities and participates in QI data collection.
- Collaborates with care management staff to facilitate quality
patient care with effective use of resources throughout the
- Communicates information in shift and unit reports regarding
patient plan of care and current outcomes.
- Using appropriate chain of command, communicates information in
a timely fashion to Director, physician, or Nursing Coordinator
regarding changes in patient condition and patient care/unit
- Performs in a calm and professional manner during crisis or
- Demonstrates satisfactory performance/understanding of
established and new routines, procedures, skills and
- Utilizes research findings in clinical practice and/or
participates in research activities.
- Assigns/delegates appropriate patient care activities to other
nursing staff based on patient needs and skill level/qualifications
of staff members.
- Demonstrates ability to function in triage nurse positions
according to established Emergency Department policy.
- Demonstrates ability to care for patient and family during
emergency or crisis situations.
- Provides appropriate care for alleged rape/sexual assault
and/or geriatric abuse victims utilizing established Emergency
- Demonstrates ability to initiate appropriate community referral
for patients and families.
- Interacts in a professional manner with law enforcement,
paramedic and other pre-hospital care personnel.
- Demonstrates ability to function in flow manager role according
to Emergency Department policy.
- Assists in orientation of registered nurses and other hospital
- Participates in clinical instruction programs to provide
learning experiences for students.
- Shares knowledge and expertise by participating in in-services
and patient care conferences.
- Attends unit meetings, nursing grand rounds, and
in-services/conferences identified or required for maintaining
- Serves on committees within the Department of Nursing,
participates in nursing grand rounds presentations, and remains
aware of activities of shared governance councils.
- Demonstrates understanding of emergency procedures, fire
drills, evacuation and internal/external disaster plans and
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain
organization and department specific competencies and requirements.
Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains BLS and
ACLS. Obtains TNCC certification within one year of appointment and
- Satisfac torily completes Critical Care course as administered
by Staff Development if new/transferred to ED.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with
special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality,
dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Other duties as assignedEducation:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing that provides
clinical experience under the supervision of qualified faculty. BSN
- currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio.
BLS and ACLS required.
- Obtains TNCC certification within one year of appointment and
maintains currency.Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population
- Satisfactorily complete AGMC RN and critical care orientation
programs and Critical Care course.
- Satisfactorily completes/passes all mandated programs as
required by policy and unit-based competencies/skills as
required.Work Experience:Physical Requirements:Personal Protective
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , RN Emergency Department 7p-7a FT, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!