ORA III Birthing Center
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Location: North Olmsted
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Identifies intended surgical patients, transports the patients
to the OR and assists in moving and positioning patients in the OR
May restock supplies, run errands, deliver blood and specimens and
- Identifies policies, environment and situations that may pose
or are risks to patients. Reports errors and near misses to protect
and service the patient and improve processes.
- Encourages patients to be active partners in their care to
prevent harm and injury.
- Maintains current knowledge of compliance-related process.
Reports activity that is illegal and unethical.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA regulations with scope of job
- As needed, may provide care for neonatal, infant, pediatric,
adolescent, adult, geriatric patients by demonstrating competency
in the behavioral, growth and development, and psychosocial needs
of the population.
- Assesses and identifies signs and symptoms of abuse and/or
neglect for all populations served.
- Promotes proper identification of patients using the
two-identifier method prior to the transfer of patients to the
surgical holding area.
- Ensures that side rails are up and locked; assists with
orientation of family members to the surgical waiting room.
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of medical terminology or equivalent experience
required within the first year of employment.Certifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association
- Required Licensure or Certified Registry.Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the
ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take
appropriate action.Work Experience:
- One year housekeeping or nursing assistant experience.Physical
- Moderate lifting and pushing of equipment, patient carts,
lifting of supplies up to 100 pounds.
- Extended period of walking and standing.
- Exposure to communicable disease and/or body fluids is
possible.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Part Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , ORA III Birthing Center, Other , North Olmsted, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!