MRI Technologist (Various Locations)
Company: Cleveland Clinic
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Performs MRI exams and procedures on patients of all ages.
Maintains patient safety.Responsibilities:
- Prepares and checks patients prior to MRI procedure.
- Acquires and reviews patient questionnaire, chart and
data/requisition to determine contraindication of having MRI
- Verifies and validates patient screening safety form.
- Performs MRI procedures required per protocol and performs
- Performs VNA punctures and maintains competencies.
- Educates patients regarding MRI procedures, equipment and
- Ensures patients' comfort and safety during and after the
- Assists with scheduling of patients.
- Administers proper contrast related to patient having MRI
- Acquires, archives, transmits and prints images via PACS.
- Completes after hours transmission of images and appropriate
- Immediately reports any malfunctions and observes potential
equipment dysfunctions and reports problems or calls for
- Maintains available equipment up-time at the highest level for
- Processes billing via RIS.
- Instructs and mentors new hires and Radiology students.
- Learns new technical information and skills.
- Attends in-service programs and professional affiliation
- Potentially rotates through all imaging modalities, sites,
- Other duties as assigned.Education:
- Must have one of the following: Graduate of an AMA approved
school of Radiologic Technology, graduate of an accredited school
in Sonography or Radiation Therapy, or possess a Bachelor's Degree
in Nuclear Medicine Technology or certification from CAHEA approved
Nuclear Medicine Technology training program.Certifications:
- Must be a Registered Technologist credentialed by The American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists R.T.(R) (ARRT),- or
R.T.(S)(ARRT), or R.T.(T)(ARRT), in good standing. Or must be a
Registered Technologist credentialed by The American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists R.T.(N) (ARRT) in good standing or be a
Certified Nuclear Medicine Technologist (CNMT) through the Nuclear
Medicine Technology Certification Board. Note:- ARDMS and NMTCB are
- Certification in Magnetic Resonance Imaging: R.T.(MR)(ARRT)
required within one year of hire.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.Complexity of
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and related pathologic
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills are required to
provide excellent care to patients and families.
- Ability to function well with minimal or no direct
- Minimum one year experience as a General Radiologic
Technologist or experience in other imaging modalities
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of
- Must be able to lift or assist with lifting patients of varying
weight and manipulate equipment daily.
- Requires frequent pushing and pulling of equipment up to 75
pounds.Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic Health System and its system
hospitals (Cleveland Clinic Health System) is to provide equal
opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment
in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of
employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and
nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for
employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for
employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic Health System's
Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions
after 90 days.
Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made
upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to
color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or
Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.
Information provided on this application may be shared with any
Cleveland Clinic Health System facility.
Please review the
Cleveland Clinic Health System is pleased to be an equal employment
employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Individuals with
Schedule: Full Time
Keywords: Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland , MRI Technologist (Various Locations), Other , Brunswick, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!