Family Service Worker A
Company: Council for Economic Opportunities in Greater Clev
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Family Service Worker A
A. JOB SUMMARY:
Responsible for the delivery of Social Services to Head Start
families and children. Utilizes initiative and judgment in the
implementation of the Social Services Head Start Performance
Standards for the delivery of services (service area plan) under
direction of Social Service administration. May be assigned to work
in Collaborative Sites or Centers.
B. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists parents in completion of registration and other forms,
as required; maintains an assigned on-going caseload of
- Attends and participates in parent, community and, staff
meetings, training sessions, workshops and conferences.
- Identifies appropriate resources and refers families to them;
follows up on referrals to assure service.
- Interviews, and enrolls eligible applicant families, using
prescribed selection criteria for Head Start.
- Maintains a waiting list of children with completed
requirements for enrollment.
- Maintains program information for regular and frequent
- Monitors assigned sites/schools on a bi-weekly basis for health
and safety compliance.
- Participates in assigned recruitment activities.
- Participates in Multi-Disciplinary Team meetings to assess
family needs and interventions and confers regularly with center
staff to assure follow-through on family plans.
- Utilizes child record database (i.e.; COPA) to input
information and maintain accurate enrollment, attendance,
screening/tracking records, rosters, transfer and withdrawal
information, pending applications, in-kind documentation and other
services required by the program.
- Visits parents in the home to ensure on-going contact with the
family; assists families with matters such as: regular attendance;
medical and dental services, and program information.
- Works in conjunction with appropriate staff to encourage parent
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
C. REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Services, Social Work, Family
Development or related field. Experience may be substituted at the
rate of twelve (12) months of experience for nine (9) months of the
Bachelor's degree requirement.
- Three (3) years experience in the social services field.
- Computer literacy and willingness to update skills.
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and organizational
- Demonstrated understanding and sensibility to work with diverse
cultures and backgrounds.
- General knowledge of Cuyahoga County and a basic awareness of
community resources for low-income families.
- Flexible to changing priorities and multi-tasking
- Reliable transportation.
Additional Requirements/Conditions of Employment:
Successful results of pre and continued employment assessments
including fingerprinting, drug testing, medical examinations and
Keywords: Council for Economic Opportunities in Greater Clev, Cleveland , Family Service Worker A, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!