Full-Time Lead Store Associate
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Our store employees are the face of the ALDI shopping
experience. Their hard work makes it possible to uphold our company
philosophy, providing quality products at the best possible price.
Their smiles and pleasant demeanors keep customers coming back time
and time again. Our store employees work many roles - from store
associate to cashier to stocker - while providing excellent
customer service. As a store employee, you're also responsible for
merchandising product, monitoring inventory and keeping the store
looking its best. It's an opportunity to get more out of your
career and grow in an exciting environment.
Position Type: Full-Time
Average Hours: 38 hours/week
Starting Wage: $15.00/hour plus a pay increase after the first
year of employment
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable
- Provides product feedback to store management, including making
recommendations regarding new items to carry or those that should
- Discusses resource allocation and task delegation for the team
- Regularly communicates information and updates to
- Supervises that store personnel comply with the company's
customer satisfaction guidelines, demonstrate appropriate
interactions with customers and co-workers, and maintain store
cleanliness standards at all times.
- Ensures an appropriate resolution of operational customer
concerns in the absence of store management.
- Ensures a safe environment for employees, customers, and
vendors by identifying and rectifying hazards, ensuring proper
ergonomics, and maintaining store equipment in proper working
- Merchandises product neatly to maximize sale, ensures proper
store signage is maintained at all times, and ensures the quality
and freshness of ALDI products.
- Participates in taking store inventory counts according to
guidelines, and supervises that store personnel adhere to inventory
procedures and product handling guidelines.
- Assists with product ordering as directed by, or in the absence
of, store management.
- Supervises that store personnel comply with all established
company policies and procedures, including cash control policies
and procedures to minimize losses.
- Leads peers on tasks and/or projects, acting as a first point
- Communicates and models job responsibilities, performance
expectations, and the values of the company.
- Assists in the training of new employees and the ongoing
development of the team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Performs within ALDI ACTS Competencies as outlined below.
ALDI ACTS / Job Competencies:
- Plans and Prioritizes: Makes decisions, sets priorities and
organizes information while thinking about the pros and cons of
possible outcomes and maintaining compliance with ALDI
- Demonstrates a Positive Attitude and Resilience: Adapts
positively to pressure, setbacks, challenges and change, in order
to achieve and sustain peak effectiveness.
- Drives for Success: Delivers excellent performance by seizing
opportunities and proactively taking concrete actions that adhere
to ALDI policies and procedures. Goes the extra-mile and
persistently overcomes obstacles to improve results.
- Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying
customer needs to create value; constantly focuses on customers,
and puts in effort to satisfy them. Focuses team's efforts to
maintain focus on customers when running a shift.
- Leads and Aligns: Contributes to an energizing environment that
supports the success of the store by providing direction,
motivation, clarity, resources and support for associates on shift
to excel in the current environment and in times of change.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior work experience in a retail environment preferred.
- A combination of education and experience providing equivalent
- Provides prompt and courteous customer service.
- Ability to operate a cash register efficiently and
- Ability to safely and properly operate equipment, including:
electric/manual hand jack, floor scrubber, and cardboard
- Ability to perform general cleaning duties to company
- Ability to interpret and apply company policies and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to perform basic administrative duties such as filing,
filling out forms, counting and basic arithmetic equations.
- Gives attention to detail and follows instructions.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
- Understands and applies management principles concerning
budgeting, personnel costs, and overtime expenses.
- Develops rapport, trust, and open communication that enhances
the growth and job performance of store personnel.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task in a
professional and efficient manner.
- Ability to utilize store computers and related programs.
- Meets any state and local requirements for handling and selling
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, push, pull,
lift, carry, and walk about the store.
- Ability to stock merchandise from store receiving to
- Ability to place product, weighing up to 45 pounds, on shelving
at various heights.
Keywords: Aldi, Cleveland , Full-Time Lead Store Associate, Other , Painesville, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!