Staff Audit Accountant
Company: Maloney Novotny
Posted on: June 12, 2021
General Summary of Position:
The Staff Audit Accountant is responsible for gaining analytical
and technical experience and building proficiency in audit,
accounting and tax procedures and using those skills to provide
quality client service.
The Staff Audit Accountant will be responsible for using tools,
systems and processes to provide accurate reports within timeframes
provided. Specifically, the Staff Audit Accountant can expect to
assist with preparing financial statements and tax returns. In
addition, the Staff Audit Accountant is expected to use good
communication skills and work effectively as a member of a team in
delivering a quality end product to clients.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Prepare accurate financial statements and tax returns with
special attention to the accuracy of all information.
- Review all written work product for accuracy and potential
errors and identify areas of concern to superiors.
- Perform necessary research and participate in technical
- Maintain and develop relationships with clients including
recognizing additional client service opportunities.
- Obtain client chargeable hours goal of 1,800 annually.
- Support and participate in firm initiatives, build positive
client relationships, gain knowledge and skills in area of client
- Keeps up to date with current issues and legislative
- Actively seek to gain knowledge and experience in audit,
accounting, and tax procedures and gain knowledge of
- Seek opportunities to participate in the proposal development
process to obtain additional work for the firm.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance
- Normally 1-3 years in public accounting or related field
- It is expected that a Staff Audit Accountant intends to sit for
and pass the CPA examination.
- The Staff Audit Accountant must seek to gain knowledge of firm
technology and resources including the use of paperless audit
software (PfX Engagement), PPC e-tools, Smart E-Practice Aids,
GoTax, Word, Excel, Outlook, Fixed Asset software (Asset Keeper),
and time and billing software.
- Excellent analytical, organization and communication
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, deadlines, and
- Attention to detail and the desire to provide quality client
service on every assignment.
- Desire to build an external network of relationships with
clients, potential clients and peers.
- Actively pursue learning and development opportunities and stay
abreast of developments within the industry.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills.
- Strong professional skills that inspire confidence and desire
to be a team player who supports the vision and goals of the
- Provide prompt Major Engagement Evaluations and Tax Engagement
- Actively participate in initiatives to recruit talented
potential candidates for the Firm.
This job description describes the general nature of the duties
and requirements of the position. It is not intended to be an
exhaustive list or to limit the supervisor's ability to modify work
assignments as appropriate.
Keywords: Maloney Novotny, Cleveland , Staff Audit Accountant, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!