Swagelok Tool Cutter Grinder - Solon, OH
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Shift: 2nd shift
Facility: (OSM) 32550 Old South Miles Road, Solon OH 44139
Salary Grade: Hourly G (G)
Req ID: [[id]]
Swagelok, Northeast Ohio, USA
The Tool Cutter Grinder Level 3 is able to perform more complex
duties per standard work including process changeovers and
troubleshooting with minimal guidance or help from a trainer or
supervisor. They are able to recognize and solve some non-routine
problems. Independent Tool Grinders will setup and operate
equipment used to generate intermediate level tool geometries
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates ability to make decisions based on the following
skills: Knowledge of most tooling manufactured on this equipment;
use of all inspection equipment needed for this tooling; ability to
identify visual criteria and features for applicable tools; use of
necessary controls to change over the equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully complete the set-up
within the targeted time on a consistent basis with little or no
help from others. Changeovers reflect set-up procedures and produce
- Conforms to tolerances in the range of plus/minus .0001 and
finish requirements in the range of 8 Rms or better.
- Assists other associates with basic set-ups.
- Can use the schedule to make work selection decisions.
- Utilizes various lean tools to offer ideas and solutions within
the boundary team.
- Perform start-stop procedures including, but not limited to:
machine and conveyor start-up, loading of raw material, and machine
- Perform simple and advanced changes, adjustments, and set-up to
tooling and fixtures.
- Complete records and forms.
- Recognize and report machine malfunctions and part
discrepancies to supervisor.
- Perform daily, semi-annual and annual machine maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and correct problems for set-up, non-conformance,
tooling and machining processes.
- Diagnose and respond to program alarms and make adjustments as
- Make suggestions for process changes that may improve machining
- Maneuver around machine, includes but may not be limited to
standing, bending, stretching and walking
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 2-4 years of machining / grinding experience. Advanced
knowledge about the products, processes and equipment is
- Skills/Knowledge: Demonstrates proficient machining,
communication, and troubleshooting knowledge. Operate CNC Machine
that includes loading and unloading parts, inspection gages,
comparator, micrometers, calipers, 6" rule, dial indicator,
drills/reamers, magnifier and lights, miscellaneous hand tools and
chip strippers. Identifies and corrects machining problems relative
to tools and tool holders, collets and chucks.
- Direct and assist others in getting required support work
completed in a timely manner
- Independently display prioritization skills
- Understand and anticipate the internal customers' needs and
initiate action to meet them
- Meeting customer needs is their driver
Reliability and Integrity
- Drives improvements and helps others make a positive impact on
quality and plant metrics
- Along with providing it themselves, encourages others to
provide reliable information
- Supports organizational changes positively through actions and
- Willing to be flexible in their schedule
- Shares knowledge that they have obtained with others
- Open to taking on new challenges
- Can easily be interrupted or redirected to a new task, or site
based on Swagelok's needs
- Has useable ideas to help increase equipment reliability
- Creates strong morale and spirit within the team by encouraging
others and making them feel valued and important
- Participate in Root Cause analysis effort for equipment
- Participate in Shift Start up and departmental meetings
- Promotes group reputation in a positive manner
- Effectively coordinates resources to achieve ZCD
- Communicates well with all different levels in the organization
(shop floor, office, engineering, supervisors, managers, directors,
lean leaders, etc.)
- Promotes own ideas and information with others
- Drill-down to root cause in all work order solutions
- Communicate through appropriate escalation channels when
- Is a voice for Quality and will take time to explain theories
- Receives input from others
- Support team goals and results
- Takes ownership of the actions and results of the team as a
- Coordinate and communicate in the absence of supervision
- Control emotions and reactions according to the situation and
- Provides accurate and detailed documentation
- Provides feedback to Supervision and guidance for other
specialists in training
Working Conditions and/or Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job
functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state
and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or
quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent
with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local
- Lift, push, pull, or carry weight no less than 35 lbs., however
occasionally up to 50lbs lift, push, pull or carry. Must be capable
of being on feet for up to 8-12 hours a day. Capability to squat,
bend, and reach.
Swagelok is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action Employer. Applicants are selected without regard to race,
ethnicity, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age,
national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information,
veteran/military status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or
other protected characteristic under federal, state or local
Swagelok will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with
the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and the Americans with
Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008.
This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all
the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description
should be construed as an express or implied contract of
employment. Swagelok is an at-will employer, which means that
either party is free to terminate the employment relationship at
any time, without any advanced notice, for any reason or no
Keywords: Swagelok, Cleveland , Swagelok Tool Cutter Grinder - Solon, OH, Other , Solon, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!