Company: Sealed Air Corporation
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Sealed Air is in business to protect, to solve critical
packaging challenges and to leave our world better than we found
it. Our portfolio of leading packaging solutions includes CRYOVAC
brand food packaging, SEALED AIR brand protective packaging and
BUBBLE WRAP brand packaging, which collectively enable a safer,
more efficient food supply chain and protect valuable goods shipped
around the world. Sealed Air generated $4.9 billion in sales in
2020 and has approximately 16,500 employees who serve customers in
115 countries. To learn more, visit www.sealedair.com.
Plan and perform a variety of duties to assemble parts,
components, and related units, assigned machines and/or packaging
systems to meet established and/or customer requirements. Perform
wiring, assembling and soldering operations as required following
standard methods and procedures.
- Work from work orders, parts lists, blueprints, specifications,
sketches, written or verbal instruction and own knowledge of
equipment, procedures or modification necessary to meet exacting
machine and/or system operational performance. Assist Manufacturing
Engineering in verification and maintenance of assembly work
- Use hand and power tools, soldering equipment, measuring
devices and basic testers common to assembly operations. Use basic
electrical test equipment for troubleshooting part and assemblies
as required. Dress wired, solder connections and clean solder
joints as required.
- Obtain work and verify count on work orders, correctness of
parts, components required for sub-assemblies, complete machine or
multi-unit packaging system assembly. Makes and modifies parts as
needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Plan and assemble in prescribed or proper sequence a wide
variety of parts and components and various other interrelated
mechanical, pneumatic, electrical/electronic assemblies, drives,
feeder/ weighing/ counting and packaging controls. Make accurate
alignment of parts, components, and sub-assemblies. Drill, tap,
bend and fit item in proper manner. Check clearances make
adjustments and readjust as required. As required, work with
service and/ or customer personnel.
- Operate assigned equipment, test and adjust to close tolerances
in proper manner to meet requirements. Requisition needed parts and
- Record time or production information required and maintain
assigned records in proper manner. Maintain work area and equipment
used in a clean and orderly condition. Detect and report faulty
equipment, defective material or unsafe conditions to proper
supervision. Observe all prescribe or standard safety rules and
- 3+ years of previous assembly experience required.
- Prior Light Assembly experience a plus
- Knowledge of mechanics, electrical/electronic circuits,
assembly methods and procedures of packaging machines and
- Previous experience working in IFS, SM+ or other ERP
- Basic computer skills and ability to use software to program
- Previous experience reading work orders, parts lists,
complicated blueprints, instructions, and various types of
precision measuring instruments.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of shop mathematics.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Starting your first day, Sealed Air offers our employees a
comprehensive Total Rewards package with Health Insurance (Medical,
Dental, and Vision), Wellness Programs, Life Insurance, Retirement
Benefits (401k matching program), Profit Sharing and other perks
- Competitive PTO
- 10 paid Holidays
- Unused Sick Time Payout
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company Paid Paternity Leave
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Legal Plan coverage & Identity Theft Protection
- Auto and Home Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Recognition Program
- Educational Assistance
- Scholarship Award Program
- Employee Discount Marketplace
Requisition id: 33538
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability or protected veteran status.
WHY WORK AT SEALED AIR?
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect
positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using
Sealed Air's global resources and expertise.
- Corporate sustainability. It's about improving the lives of
people around the world by addressing pressing needs in the
communities where we and our customers operate.
- Customer Success. Meeting our customers' needs. At Sealed Air
it's more than a goal, it's an integral part of our business
practices, our innovative solutions, and our values.
- Leaving our communities better than we found them through
dedication of time, talent and resources.
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Assembly, Medical, Engineer, Electrical, Supply,
Manufacturing, Healthcare, Engineering, Operations
Keywords: Sealed Air Corporation, Cleveland , Assembler, Other , Streetsboro, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!