Dietary Cook - Full Time
Company: Regency Care of Larchwood
Posted on: June 12, 2021
REGENCY CARE OF LARCHWOOD is located at 4110 Rocky River Drive,
Cleveland OH, 44135 and is looking for caring and compassionate
employees who strive to provide exceptional clinical care to our
residents. In joining our team of dedicated healthcare
professionals, you will be expected to perform in a fast-paced
environment and provide personalized care while holding yourself
accountable to the highest level of quality you can deliver.
The COOK prepares large quantities of quality meals for
residents in accordance with all laws, regulations, and company
standards. Reports to Director of Food and Nutrition Services.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs,
goals, objectives, policies and procedures of dietary
- Must understand and follow company policies including
harassment and complaint procedure.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must be able to prepare meals that are palatable, appetizing in
appearance, and appropriate for each resident.
- Must be knowledgeable on ordered diets (i.e., NCS, NAS, 1800
ADA) as well as food consistency.
- Must be able to ensure food and supplies for next meal are
- Must practice dependable, regular attendance.
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good
- Must be able to communicate and function in an
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop,
walk, and move intermittently during working hours.
- Must be able to clean and inspect galley equipment, kitchen
appliances, and work areas to ensure cleanliness and functional
- Must be able to cook foodstuffs according to menus, special
dietary or nutritional restrictions, or numbers of portions to be
- Must be able to clean, cut, and cook meat, fish, or
- Must be able to monitor use of government food commodities to
ensure that proper procedures are followed.
- Must be able to wash pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other
- Must be able to compile and maintain records of food use and
- Must be able to direct activities of one or more workers who
assist in preparing and serving meals.
- Must be able to bake breads, rolls, and other pastries.
- Must be able to take inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account
for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers'
needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute
details of a project or task.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or
following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions
that affect employee safety.
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with
others using the spoken word.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks
under stressful situations.
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree
- Experience : One to two years related experience
- Must have experience in preparing and cooking food in large
Keywords: Regency Care of Larchwood, Cleveland , Dietary Cook - Full Time, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!