Nursing Assistant (STNA)
Company: Sprenger Health Care Systems
Location: Olmsted Falls
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Full time or Part time positions available
$2,500 Sign on Bonus available for Full time
About Sprenger Health Care Systems
Since 1959 Sprenger Health Care Systems continues to be family
owned and operated. Sprenger offers the full continuum of aging
services including: Short Term Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing,
Memory Care, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Hospice, and Home
Our innovative care, excellent customer service, and
compassionate dedicated employees have made Sprenger Health Care
Systems a leader in providing exceptional health care. Sprenger
Communities have a history of excellent Resident and Family
Satisfaction Surveys, 5 Star Ratings, Deficiency Free Surveys, and
US News and World Report Rankings.
Sprenger Health Care Systems is committed to maintaining a fair
and unbiased work environment and we welcome all qualified
candidates to apply to any of our 15 Communities throughout Ohio
and Indiana. We understand that quality of care starts right here
with our employees. For those team members who rise to the
challenge and exceed the standard of care, the career possibilities
can be endless. Join us today to experience the Sprenger
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate is organized, energetic and patient. Nursing
Assistants should be able to encourage residents to participate in
daily care routines while always respecting resident rights.
Candidates should be dedicated to staying informed on state,
federal, nursing and OSHA regulations as well as all company
policies and procedures. Candidates should be able to maintain a
working relationship with residents, family members and staff. You
must be able to work with various departments and personalities.
Nursing Assistants should be passionate about health care and have
the best interest of the resident in mind during day-to-day
operations. This position will report to the Charge Nurse and by
applying for the position you recognize that nothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties or responsibilities to this job at any time. You may be
asked to help in other areas of the building as needed for the
optimal performance of your building/department and the well-being
of our residents.
Essential Job Functions:
As a Nursing Assistant for Grace Management Service's facility
you must be able to perform the following essential functions as
demonstrated by the ability to:
- Follow established performance standards and perform duties
according to nursing service policies and procedures.
- Provide direct resident care as assigned.
- Conduct routine resident rounds, check soiled linens, answer
- Initiate corrective action as necessary and/or seek assistance
of charge nurse, treatment nurse or nursing supervisor.
- Complete tub baths, showers or bed baths.
- Report anything unusual about residents to charge nurse.
- Turn and reposition all bed and chair residents every two
- Place bedpans, linens, washbasins and soiled linen in
- Take residents to dining room and assist in feeding as
- Complete food percentage, intake and output, and bowel and
- Empty and record all urinary drainage units.
- Participate in the development of an individualized plan of
care for residents as assigned.
- Document in the nursing assistant notes the care and treatment
provided to the resident and the resident's response or lack of
response to care provided.
- Report changes in residents' conditions to charge nurse or
- Perform basic nursing skills as outlined in facility
- Follow facility procedures for admission, discharge and
transfer of residents.
- Listen to resident and family complaints and report problems to
- Complete oral hygiene and toileting as needed.
- Answer call lights.
- Give personal care to all residents assigned.
- Serve meal trays and assist with feeding.
- Must pass a Training and Competency Evaluation Program, Must be
on state registry in good standing within 4 months of hire.
- All candidates must be proficient in basic computer programs
and must be able to correspond timely through e-mail or other forms
of technical communication as needed to successfully complete the
requirements for this job. Employees are required to complete
monthly on-line education courses to keep our team members
knowledgeable on the latest information and regulations. By
completing the application for this position, you acknowledge that
you feel comfortable meeting these qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Individuals may be required to:
- Sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Reach above shoulder heights, below waist or lift as required
to complete the job responsibilities
- Proper lifting techniques, ability to read computer screens and
the ability to follow written and verbal instructions are
- Must be able to lift 50 to 75 pounds. Raising objects from
lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from
position to position. This requirement occurs to a considerable
degree and requires the substantial use of the upper extremities
and back muscles.
- Must be able to balance, climb, crouch, grasp, kneel, pull,
push, reach, stand and stoop adequately to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Must be able to hear, smell, feel and speak adequately to
perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to read and write the English language.
- Must be able to work inside and outside with exposure to
outdoor weather conditions.
To view the entire job description, please click here.
Keywords: Sprenger Health Care Systems, Cleveland , Nursing Assistant (STNA), Other , Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!