Senior Counsel - Consumer Banking and Lending
Company: Keybank National Association
Posted on: June 12, 2021
127 Public Square - Cleveland, Ohio 44114
About the Job
The KeyCorp Law Group is seeking an experienced attorney to
support one or more enterprise-level functions and
lines-of-business. The incumbent should have demonstrated
experience and familiarity with consumer financial services. The
preferred location for this position is Cleveland, Ohio. The
ability to work remotely will be considered for the right
candidate. This unique opportunity offers candidates coming from an
in-house or law firm environment an excellent opportunity to work
on the client side of a growing super-regional financial services
institution, while allowing for work/life balance.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide legal advice and support for consumer financial
services such as consumer loans, and consumer and small business
deposit products, including working with support areas on product
documentation, third party service provider agreements, client
agreements, marketing, sponsorship, sweepstakes materials, and
managing outside counsel relationships (as appropriate).
- Collaborating with compliance and risk partners to advise the
company on all aspects of laws and regulations applicable to
consumer banking products and services, and small business deposit
products and services.
- Drafting and reviewing client forms, disclosures and agreements
for use by the applicable businesses.
- Reviewing and responding to regulatory and customer
- Partnering with other legal staff and on enterprise level
operational issues and projects.
- Ensuring compliance monitoring and internal controls are in
place, including processes for management of operational risk, in
accordance with KeyCorp and regulatory standards.
- Reviewing vendor contracts and advising of any regulatory or
legal concerns related to the applicable businesses.
- Performing legal research and providing summaries of findings
as required or assigned.
- Maintaining and periodically updating standard legal
documentation for line of business use.
- Providing legal updates to line of business managers and
compliance regarding areas of expertise as appropriate.
- Representing the Law Group as proficient in areas of
- Otherwise performing legal work necessary to fulfill scope of
- Other special projects as assigned.
- 6 + years of relevant, progressive experience as a practicing
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for a super-regional
financial services institution.
- Demonstrated ability to perform each essential function with
skill, efficiency and practicality.
- General consumer financial services background with relevant
experience with applicable federal and state banking regulations
including TILA, ECOA, FDCPA, FCRA and UDAAP.
- Client service focus, including:
- Creative self-starter with ability to develop and implement
innovative, flexible, balanced and practical legal and business
- Collaborative with others, able to work as part of a team to
- Ability to anticipate client needs based on understanding of
business and regulatory environment.
- Ability to operate independently with minimal supervision and
address a variety of legal and business issues.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; ability to
facilitate, influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Active license to practice law in one or more appropriate
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or
other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who
are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may
request reasonable accommodations by emailing
Keywords: Keybank National Association, Cleveland , Senior Counsel - Consumer Banking and Lending, Other , Cleveland, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!